Install Pics - Show us yours !!!

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Have done many install over the years and about to do my first D2C Argon when chips arrive. Anyone got any pics of their installs for comparison/reference.

Cheers.

i will post one later when at home as i need to put the extra 4 wires on so got to open it again

bilabonic
ur chips will be there in morning :)

i`d love to see your first attempt as well.... good luck

i`ll be using enamel coated wire on my install (same as i used on d2c execpt power and earth) as soon as my mate gives me his..

i`ll post a pic as and when..

regards
jase

Recieved ok. Cheers.

Just found this, might try this method - [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkj1nq7EBHs&feature=related[/ame]

just fitted one, soldered to the d2c pins.... hmm that was fun.
i give up with enamel coated wire now... too stiff.
wheres the best place to get kynar from...

regards
jase

you may find it on e-bay

but you can buy it here in different lenths to suit

hxxp://www.thegametrain.com/kynar-console-modification-wire-2m-p-246.html

or 330 metre for £14.99
hxxp://www.thegametrain.com/kynar-console-modification-wire-330m-p-370.html

also RS do it but you will need a trade account Prices are + vat

hxxp://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=searchProducts&searchTerm=kynar&x=38&y=11

Please change the xx to tt

Last edited:
thanx for the info xbc

regards
jase

Just done this with one of Jase's chips
Cheers Jase.

Woody.

I just did my boys wii again but this time I used kynar instead of enamel coated cause it is better to work with. :

DIGI0002.jpg

Clive.

nice installs :)

btw clive - just noticed the time on the photo - if thats correct, u drink too much coffee..lol

kynar is a lot better than enamel coated crap,
i just did the b-h points with ata100 ide cable - miss a pin install, with the ide cable parted in strips of 4.
the spacing created by the shielding is nearly dead on , so soldered 4 points in about a minute.
obviously i prepped b4 hand and used double sided craft tape to hold in place.
the rest i did with kynar and 5v cable
took 40 minutes from strip down to reassembly

i`ll take a pic on next install,
regards
jase

btw clive - just noticed the time on the photo - if thats correct, u drink too much coffee..lol

:Laugh: Yeah I'm a nightowl.

Although the install went well (if not quickly :() It's still not playing 2 out of the 5 disks it did when I first installed the chip, Do you think this is because of the new sw upgrade needed for the argon chip?
I'm on 1.3 version at the mo'
I seem to be burning a lot of coasters with this Wii, unlike the 360 which I did.
Same reliable games sorce, but for the Wii there seems to be more variables.

BTW jase a pic of your new install method would be good, it sounds a lot quicker or maybe your just spending a lot more time soldering now lol.

Clive.

hi clive

as i said in pm - are the 2 that now fail imports ???

if so check the v,q,p,o connections.
u can also confirm it by running regionfrii on the iso`s (patch em to pal) and re-burning the 2 failed disks

regards
jase

Yes they are both the USA games jase, I will try the regionfrii file: syn-rf1.21 to patch em first before opening the box again so soon cause Im getting jealous that the wii is seeing more daylight than I am lol.
Thanx jase.

Clive.

jase,

have you still got argon chips available

i'm a newbie here and so don't seem to be able to pm anyone at the mo

appreciate if you could get in touch

cheers

Argon Installed Today

Some Mix of Pics of a Argon done today,still trying different wire runs to get it Looking Neater.

NIce job.

Which way do you route the ribbon to have it coming out underneath the cover ?

Would prefer to do it this way than bringing it out by the USB port as i do. Which port does yours come out of ?

Cheers

Thanks Bilabonic

I have attached a picture that will show you the way the ribbon cable runs

NIce job.

Which way do you route the ribbon to have it coming out underneath the cover ?

Would prefer to do it this way than bringing it out by the USB port as i do. Which port does yours come out of ?

Cheers

Did some Installs of Argons today and thought I would try the chip facing the other way
you can fold over the ribbon cable over so not to cover the vent hole

Back