"Incompatible SW file" error

daftdom

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm having another go at my 250 and I'm getting an error when I load the modem. After it has booted it does its tftp stuff says that time of Day completed and then ried to load a config but It shows the following error:

Vendor CM Agent w/ BRCM Factory Support processing TLV-11's
162 TLV-11's OK.
Enabling network access for all CPE ports.
BcmCmDocsisStatusEventCodes::kCmIsOperational
Logging event: SW Download INIT - Via Config file yewrkldJ
Not logging event ID 2436694024, control for level 7 is 0.
Logging event: SW upgrade Failed after download - Incompatible SW file

Does this mean I'm stuffed? Is it something to do with I'm in a "dynamic config file area" or something? Or am I just doing something wrong.

I'm sure the mac is ok and I'm not forcing the config on the modem.

Thanks,
Dom

That means your using a MAC address that's not meant for your modem.

e.g. a 120 MAC on a 200 or 250 or a 250 MAC on a 120 or Surfboard.

Don't worry about it if your modems working. Worst case scenario is they will blacklist the MAC of your modem/PC and it will stop working and need a new MAC. So-long as you've changed the default username and password otherwiset hey will possibly 'brick' it ;)

:)

Hi Guys,

Just another question. I have tried to get online with the modem and I have been assinged an IP address and can ping www.google.co.uk but not web browse. Is this something to do with me using the wrong type of mac for my modem?

IE using a 120 mac on my 250?
Or could it be that my laptop mac has been blacklisted?

Thanks,
Dom

Sounds like you've been blacklisted and locked to 1kb up and 1kb down.

Time for some MAC changes ;)

if you can ping but not view webpages try this web address... http://autoreg.autoregister.net if you get a virmin media webpage then you have an unregistered mac address loaded. load that sucker with a new mac and you'll be fit to fly :)

if you can ping but not view webpages try this web address... http://autoreg.autoregister.net if you get a virmin media webpage then you have an unregistered mac address loaded. load that sucker with a new mac and you'll be fit to fly :)

I've just tried the link you suggested out of curiosity and I get a VM page even though my MAC's working fine.....

yeah you will do. fact of the matter is if the mac address that daftdom is using has not yet been registered by a customer then this will be the only web address he can access

Back