Images

TONY C

Inactive User
Reaction score
High all,
I have loaded one image ( Black Hole 2.0.6 ) and would like to try the others how do I go about removing the old and inserting a new one.

All help appreciated

Regards
Tony C

All you need to do is reflash exactly as you did to install the blackhole image, doing this over write the previous image.

In case your box came with Blackhole installed the best way to do it is to download the image of your choice.

Unzip the image and place the contents in a USB Key formatted to Fat32

Switch the box off

Plug the USB Key into the front USB Port

Switch the box on

Press the standy button on the box when prompted and your image should load

High all,
I have loaded one image ( Black Hole 2.0.6 ) and would like to try the others how do I go about removing the old and inserting a new one.

All help appreciated

Regards
Tony C

may be a good idea to do back ups as well if you are experimenting..then you will have a set up image to flash back too.

High all
Thanks for your helpful advice loaded open vix going to try it for a few days, I am curious what others prefer, I know blackhole had a good wright up. I have had problems with both images I think due to my h-h mount.

The H-H mount was playing up last winter but has worked ok in the summer, going to replace it tomorrow, I bought a new one at the same time as my solo2. I cannot complain it lasted about 10 years, I will try to mend it and keep it as a spare.

Regards,
Tony C

may be a good idea to do back ups as well if you are experimenting..then you will have a set up image to flash back too.
I'm a newbie and i need to understand if without an internal hd or usb is possible to do a full back? My goal is to made a live backup on an FTP. If the answer is yes, how can I do? Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
I'm a newbie and i need to understand if without an internal hd or usb is possible to do a full back? My goal is to made a live backup on an FTP. If the answer is yes, how can I do? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi you can only back up to external device like a flashdrive or hard drive so you need a usb flashdrive 1gb is good or harddrive to save backup to.
Then you can also transfer/copy to computer for safekeeping.
But you will need one of those to store your epg data on as well so it is necessary.

Hi you can only back up to external device like a flashdrive or hard drive so you need a usb flashdrive 1gb is good or harddrive to save backup to.
Then you can also transfer/copy to computer for safekeeping.
But you will need one of those to store your epg data on as well so it is necessary.

Ok, thank you very much for your support, I'm looking for a script that can make a scheduled buckup.

I think that I'll try to do it in two step, first make a backup on the HD (I need to buy one but I think you can't help me ;-) ) and the second step is to make a cron that copy the backup from the hd to the FTP. I'll work for these solution.

Ok, thank you very much for your support, I'm looking for a script that can make a scheduled buckup.

I think that I'll try to do it in two step, first make a backup on the HD (I need to buy one but I think you can't help me ;-) ) and the second step is to make a cron that copy the backup from the hd to the FTP. I'll work for these solution.

What you are trying to achieve is image and plugin dependent.what ever image you have installed you can install a plugin from image feeds/plugin menu or independently which will do a back up for you to a set destination.once that is done you can copy/ftp to pc or leave on your drive..I am on vix and use the vix image manger it makes a complete backup ready to flash back to box incase of hiccup.

At the moment I'm trying different versions of BH images, next image that I'll try will be the vix. I'm valuating the best image for my need. So to have a full backup to be able to do a rollback at any time is very important. I'll take a look on feeds/plugin menu!
Thanks again!!

Back