Image Update causing Router problem

kellogs23

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys I have a very strange problem that I think is being caused by Image Updates, I have a Original Solo2 Running Vix Helious 10. Their is an new update available and when I update and box starts going through the motions, I completely loose all internet connections, on PC's and any other devices, obviously the box then cant update either, I have to restart everything to get connection again. I actually thought it was my router ASUS N55U and sent it back and got a replacement as ASUS couldn't understand what was happening (didn't tell them about the SOLO2) I have a new one now the same model and its still doing it. Oddly enough I have never had any problems with this router until I changed to Helious, Could it actually cause this.

Cheers K

If you look on WoS there is a post with something similar with I think 2 people reporting oddities, don't think there's a fix at the mo but for 1 person it sort of fixed itself.

The other thing to check is if you're running mgcamd make sure the option L is set to { 00 }

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you look on WoS there is a post with something similar with I think 2 people reporting oddities, don't think there's a fix at the mo but for 1 person it sort of fixed itself.

The other thing to check is if you're running my card make sure the option L is set to { 00 }

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info mate, guess the best thing to do is download and flash the latest image with a USB, see how it goes from their

Cheer K

Maybe a stupid question but is it possible for a Solo2 or any enigma 2 box to get infected with a virus, the reason I ask is because I was messing around with OSCAM and downloaded a programme OSCAM config creator, I installed this config on the box and i seem to be having weird problems since, it put a few other files in their as well the config, about 9 in total. I have since removed all and re flashed the box, just wondering should I format the HDD also. any advice would appreciated. K

What you might have is an incorrect config in the files related to the LAN, this could cause the cam to try and send out data continuously which would get to your router, too many of these types of data and the router could think that there is a DDOS attack and shutdown for a while.

Check all the files to see if there are entries for a LAN like 192.168.x.xx or similar and if they LAN address is correct for your LAN.

What you might have is an incorrect config in the files related to the LAN, this could cause the cam to try and send out data continuously which would get to your router, too many of these types of data and the router could think that there is a DDOS attack and shutdown for a while.

Check all the files to see if there are entries for a LAN like 192.168.x.xx or similar and if they LAN address is correct for your LAN.

seems okay now, I did what you said and changed L to (00), checked the files and ran a update all worked with no problem, thanks for the help K

Back