[Image release] BoxCracker_Blue Peer_v1_2_squashfs

yea thx renwich 4 this 1 m8 its good to see more images to have a play around with great job m8:Clap: :Cheers:

Great image!

One question.. where do I put in my manual NETID etc?

forget it.. I edited the scan.conf file.. now I have an other issue...

when changing the scart setting to s-Video it doesnt do it at all. any ideas?

Griz said:
yea thx renwich 4 this 1 m8 its good to see more images to have a play around with great job m8:Clap: :Cheers:

yeah cheers m8 another g8 job

wahay

excellent, i love playing with new images.

will try this when i get home

Any news of when commando 5 is comming out btw??

JeanLuc

Installed with no probs. Looks awesome, love the new font. Only thing that I haven't been able to do is view whats on the other channels (without actually changing channel) by clicking left or right. Is this feature not included or does it need to be turned on in the menu somehow because that is so handy.

Other than that it looks and runs great. The fastscan worked fine and found about 180 channels from 25 transponders. had to use my own bouquet but thats no big deal. Nice :Clap:

I originally posted by mistake in another boxcracker thread for the image by de deej

But here are my comments on the renwich conversion.

Loaded the image up this morning on a Nokia 2x1.

First impressions are :-

Scan did not work - stuck on 571000 for 6887 for ever, so I had to reboot.

I loaded my saved channel lists and bouquets up, and things worked fine with neue senders being produced, so a service scan was not necessary for me.

Direct recording to a dreambox dm7000 via NFS direct recording worked fine, the %c%t in the recording name had to be changed to %C%T in order to work properly.

Movieplayer played a short recording with no problem.

The biggest plus is that I no longer get black screens on channels compared with digitalworldsUK01 and most of the recent images. I can watch tv and record without having to change ucodes.

Assuming it seems to be stable, I will be using this image for the forseeable future.

Thanks to all concerned in the prodcuction of the image

satdown said:
I originally posted by mistake in another boxcracker thread for the image by de deej

But here are my comments on the renwich conversion.

Loaded the image up this morning on a Nokia 2x1.

First impressions are :-

Scan did not work - stuck on 571000 for 6887 for ever, so I had to reboot.

I loaded my saved channel lists and bouquets up, and things worked fine with neue senders being produced, so a service scan was not necessary for me.

Direct recording to a dreambox dm7000 via NFS direct recording worked fine, the %c%t in the recording name had to be changed to %C%T in order to work properly.

Movieplayer played a short recording with no problem.

The biggest plus is that I no longer get black screens on channels compared with digitalworldsUK01 and most of the recent images. I can watch tv and record without having to change ucodes.

Assuming it seems to be stable, I will be using this image for the forseeable future.

Thanks to all concerned in the prodcuction of the image

You need to select your area from the automatic scan settings menu then save and reboot

@all I cant seem to find out why the info bar dont work, can only presume the boxcracker team disabled\broke it when they applied their mods

but I can live without it , stability, quality of picture are more inportant, and you cant fault this image for that,

I will keep trying to get the infobar to work :Doc:

Hello Renwich, just wondered if you could do me a favour and do the biz with the newcamd EMU or its libraries again? It has the problem where it comes up on the TV screen, whenever you change channel, telling you lots of info about whether it is scrambled or not, etc..

I would appreciate it if and when you get time to do it as I seem to prefer newcamd to evocamd as it (evocamd) seems to suffer far more with lip sync probs for me, especially on FTA channels for some reason. Then I can continue having a meddle :)

Thanks, Chris :)

Hi mate

Copy this file (newcamd.conf) to /var/tuxbox/config/newcamd/

overwriting the previous version

Ive recompiled (once again ;) ) renwich's squashfs root to make it more compatible with newcamd.. updated the sectionsd and also the webserver nhhtpd to the latest version while i was at it...

Would anyone be interested in a root update?

--
Regards

Hello Learntofly, thanks for the update mate. As for:-

learntofly said:
Would anyone be interested in a root update?

I can't see it being a problem, if it leads to a better image, as isn't that the whole point of threads like these...even if nobody appears to answers you? :) Go for it mate.

Cheers, Chris.

P.S. Don't suppose you can get rid of the Penguin above the time line in the OSD can you? Just a thought :)

Press dbox then box cracker extras then under jack announcement turn it off. This'll get rid of jack the penguin ;)

** Root update

Unrar the attached file and follow the instructions in readme.txt

I am pretty sure this root update will work with 1x and 2x boxes but if it doesnt you may need to use IFA to recover. Be aware of this before you proceed. At your own risk etc.

--
Regards

Last edited:
learntofly said:
Press dbox then box cracker extras then under jack announcement turn it off. This'll get rid of jack the penguin ;)

Hello again, just came back on to say I had found out how to do that but you beat me to it :) Thank you anyway.

Just one more point though...I am no prude by any stretch of the imagination but I can think of a couple of situations where the start up logo might not be the best to have on view. I have tried searching the image for the m1v file to change it for something less "offensive" but can't seem to find it. Any clues as to where it is held please?

Cheers, Chris :)

Under DBOX button > boxcracker update > there is an uption to change the logo.. im not quite sure but its defo there under one of the submenu's... i chose a nice penguiny one :) p.s. your box will need to have access to the net and dns set up to download it..

alternatively manually change /var/tuxbox/boot/logo-fb

--
Regards

Gingerchris said:
Hello again, just came back on to say I had found out how to do that but you beat me to it :) Thank you anyway.

Just one more point though...I am no prude by any stretch of the imagination but I can think of a couple of situations where the start up logo might not be the best to have on view. I have tried searching the image for the m1v file to change it for something less "offensive" but can't seem to find it. Any clues as to where it is held please?

Cheers, Chris :)

@lerntofly thanks for your input mate

@ginge you can change the boot logo via the online update, under box cracker extras just select the first logo, its it bit more suitable

remember u need the box to be internet connected

snap m8 ;)

P.s. i know newcamd isnt as popular as evocamd but it needs its own libcrypto.so.0.9.7 file... it can botch along using the standard evocamd one but crashed more regualarly.. the problem is that evocamd doesnt like newcamd's libcrypto.so.0.9.7 at all and will not start with it.. so you have two cams wanting a different version of the same named file in the same place... tricky huh! the answer is to use simlinks to point to another simlink on the jffs2 which is changed to point to the right file dependent on which camd is active.. (this happens once when a cam change happens and then every bootup the box will look through the placeholders to see which is the preferred cam and do the biz that way also)

Ive ammended the operations and the start_neutrino slightly to make this happen.. it would be nice to see this happen on more images as newcamd started using a different library file a while ago but its largely gone unoticed

googling libcrypto.so.0.9.7 and newcamd will give more examples..

P.p.s. its an inelegant solution but works

--
Regards

Last edited:
@ Renwich - thanks for the info :)

@ Learntofly - have sucessfully installed (flashed) the updated root to a Sagem 1x Intel Dbox. I probably won't notice the differences that it makes, that you mentioned in the readme file, but thought I'd at least let you know it is OK with that setup. Will try the 2x hopefully later tonight and add to this if it too went OK.

Cheers, Chris.

Quote..."its an inteligent solution but works" ...one and the same in my book mate :)

Update:- Files posted by Learntofly also sucessfully applied to Sagem 2x Intel :)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot to Renwich and Learntofly, cheers guys!

Back