Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

iMac imac mini

spike24

Inactive User
hi guys i was intereted in buying a new apple laptop,then i noticed an imac mini,can someone please advise what this is best used for,at the minute i have a sony vaio,do i need anything else to make this work thanks

Mac-mini is a small footprint, lower end desk top usually needing you to buy a keyboard, mouse and screen to make it work. It's fine for general desktop stuff but probably a bit too underpowered for Photoshop and stuff.

Gotta disagree with the above.

The mac mini is small form but in no way underpowered!!! there is nothing else that small thats that powerful.

Basic is an i5 cpu and stick 4gig memory in it and its more than fine to use photoshop, but why use photoshop when gimp is free ;)

or go buy the i7 version with ati gfx and its even better...

Sorry, I mean't relatively - and, yep, Gimp does it for me :)

My mini had plenty of grunt for summat so small but didn't quite hit the mark in comparison to its bigger brother.

It's a neat piece of kit nonetheless, on the other hand it's not a lappie?

Now I am confused,will I need a separate monitor to hook this up to then,I understand I will need a keypad and will it then work just like a MacBook but obviously smaller,or just buy a MacBook but the steep price is my problem thanks

I think you are confused a Mac Mini is just a small form factor iMac, not a notebook/macbook i.e portable device. So as with a PC it will need a Keyb/Monitor/Mouse.

The question you should be asked is what do you want to do/use it for?

hackingtosh with dell mini10 for about £100 if you just want to run osx if you need more power there are other laptops that can be hackingtosh'd

Back