I'm buzzing

Mubz

Inactive User
Reaction score
gi'day...

firstly I've searched for this and couldn't find anything on it, so its time to ask me thinks....

right the problem is i get a bad buzz coming through my speakers on my AV amp when my Dbox 2 is on.
I thought it was something to do with where the amp was or there was a connection that wasn't in properly.
so i stuck mu hand down the back of my equipment (no funnies please) and accidentally knocked off the main cable feed, and the buzz was gone!
so I'm guessing it's noise on my cable feed...

so is there something i can do to get rid of the noise on the cable?
any kind of filter that doesn't bring down signal strength?

any help would be greatly appreciated
Mubz

I have the exact same problem mate, when the pc and dbox are both plugged into the amp, I can only have 1 or the other unless I have buzzing, just tried uplugging the cable feed and the buzzing went, have you tried grounding the dbox to the amp yet?

going to have a go, I'll let you know the results.

It's very likely to be a problem known as "ground loop feedback". The causes and solutions can be frustratingly complex. Have a go with Google, there's loads of information on it.

@Mubz
You could try an coaxial ground-breaker at the cable feed wire.

I have exactly the same problem... i put a little wire going from the earth on my tv antenna to the earth on my cable feed... it sorted out a major buzz.
A good way of telling if you have a noisy feed is to simply unplug the feed from the back of the dbox . if the buzz goes, the coax goes it needs earthing.

hey i have the same problem is there anywhere else u can buy these devices from its sunday morning was hoping maybe like maplins will have them cant seem to find n e on there webby thou

after spending a serious amount of time on it I've got rid of most of the buzzing it took allot of fooking around tho...
but the thing that worked best was to physically run an earth from the power socket to the Dbox and another earth wire from the power socket to my AV amp...

if you're not comfortable opening up a power socket the easy way is to get a standard 12A plugtop and remove the live and neutral pin and but keep the earth pin in it, then run a little bit of earth wire into a bit of connector block then star wire your earths out from there, and try and make sure your TV, amp and Dbox runs off the same power outlet.

good luck with it
Mubz

i recomend one of the ground breaking devices i went and brought 2 i have a spare but it did the trick its a great bit of kit it didnt do anything to my signal either

i recomend one of the ground breaking devices i went and brought 2 i have a spare but it did the trick its a great bit of kit it didnt do anything to my signal either

Where did you get these devices from m8 please?

Back