Amazon search.

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Am i the only one who finds amazon search absolutely awful.

Im based in ireland so need to get everything with prime otherwise i could be paying up to £50 P+P and then custom charges on top of that but on every search it keeps removing the prime filter.

On top of that it never returns the results I want. I searched for 305m Ethernet cable and it comes back result with 0.5m results and even filtering by price does not work.

WTF am i missing something here.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 4.11.47 p.m..png
    Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 4.11.47 p.m..png
    677.9 KB · Views: 11

Im based in ireland so need to get everything with prime otherwise i could be paying up to £50 P+P and then custom charges on top of that but on every search it keeps removing the prime filter.

On top of that it never returns the results I want. I searched for 305m Ethernet cable and it comes back result with 0.5m results and even filtering by price does not work.

Just put it into mine as 305m Ethernet cable and it brought up the correct results all with Prime options. I even did just a google search on the same term and selected the Amazon selection and all was good.

can you show me your search filters.

this is what i get.

If i do the same search on ebay it will actually come back 305m Ethernet cables

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 5.46.31 p.m..png
    Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 5.46.31 p.m..png
    692.2 KB · Views: 8
can you show me your search filters.

this is what i get.

If i do the same search on ebay it will actually come back 305m Ethernet cables
No filters mate. I just copied and pasted 305m Ethernet cable from your post and voila ;)
I can't understand why it's different for you. I'm in the UK and signed into my Prime automatically if that makes any difference, I doubt it though.

Untitled.jpg

This with app which has a toggle for prime off and prime on.
8F38EE90-4CFE-495F-BCC2-5E5691B74FBB.jpeg1C7A2051-EF32-44E0-9548-51DBC1D2B307.jpeg

This is on the Amazon website with my vpn set to Ireland.But I am still on the .co.uk for some reason 🙄0598F113-7138-404A-B050-1B7438104FB7.jpeg

strangely enough some relevant results are now coming up on the first page when i have the feature filter on.

Before the cheapest roll "PNI Ethernet LAN Cable 305m CAT6e U06 for Internet 1 Gigabit/surveillance system, grey" did not show until page 6 with feature filter on and around the same when i had lowest to highest on.

I still dont think results should be coming back unless they actually have the search strings in it.

strangely enough some relevant results are now coming up on the first page when i have the feature filter on.

Before the cheapest roll "PNI Ethernet LAN Cable 305m CAT6e U06 for Internet 1 Gigabit/surveillance system, grey" did not show until page 6 with feature filter on and around the same when i had lowest to highest on.

I still dont think results should be coming back unless they actually have the search strings in it.
Do you use the app and get the same search results 🤔

No - you are not the only ; Their search function is shite....... :: For a top selling site they could do so much better (unless it is deliberate, too make you look at other items?)

Back