illegal sat nav!

Glassman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all read in the paper the other day dont know if anyone else saw this but the goverment are making plans to make it illegal to look at sat navs whilst driving can anyone else ellaborate!

Hi all read in the paper the other day dont know if anyone else saw this but the goverment are making plans to make it illegal to look at sat navs whilst driving can anyone else ellaborate!

I dont think they will. I think it will be an offence to program it while driving but i dont think they will stop you looking at it.
They would need to ban you looking at your instrument panel or your rear view mirrors as well as this is the same action as looking at a sat nav.

the law already states that you are not to touch anything other than the car whilst driving.

This includes mobiles, PDA's, car radios and laptops (yes really, I have seen so many people going down the motorway whilst using their laptops).

So this isnt new news.

Ive heard of ppl being done for eating at the wheel.What ever happened to common sense?

Ive heard of ppl being done for eating at the wheel.What ever happened to common sense?

Exactly ,this fookin government wouldnt know common sense if it bit them on the arse !!!
I wouldnt put it past them to ban satnav. I would like to think they are not that stupid but you really dont know what these fookers are going to throw at the law abiding motorist next.

I agree its the same action as looking at the speedo, this government dont have a clue do they!!

Not so sure its the sat nav they don't want u looking at more like the speed cam.i wonder how much revenue them little toys have cost the government

I was just thinking about this. I very recently got a satnav and tested it. Whilst during the extremely slow driving on the M25, I was playing with my new tomtom.
Then I got thinking to myself, this is as bad if not worse than using a moby, so why isnt this banned.
I think it would be good to do something. Perhaps force peple to have safety mode on, hard to enforce, much like the moby's usage but still worth making some laws about it.

Would be silly not to allow usage of it though whilst driving.

I was just thinking about this. I very recently got a satnav and tested it. Whilst during the extremely slow driving on the M25, I was playing with my new tomtom.
Then I got thinking to myself, this is as bad if not worse than using a moby, so why isnt this banned.
I think it would be good to do something. Perhaps force peple to have safety mode on, hard to enforce, much like the moby's usage but still worth making some laws about it.

Would be silly not to allow usage of it though whilst driving.

I think if you were caught playing with it during driving they would do you with driving without due care and attention or similar.
If you set your route before driving off and dont touch it whilst driving then i dont see it as a problem.
Think of it this way. It is probably safer to have it as you have your route at a glance and verbal instructions were as if you have not got it your eyes are all over the place looking for street signs etc imo that is more of a distraction to driving that glancing at a sat nav.
Driving is a skill that requires multi tasking so glancing at a sat nav is just another task to add.

like the good old days with and a-to-z on your lap squinting at the road signs trying to work out were the flip you are.....agreed with other posters if u set at the beginning of your journey and use as another instrument then there isn't a problem.

Back