iffy connection

abp1873

Inactive User
Reaction score
Been using Technomate 5402 HD for just under a year now connected using vonets and up until now I've been delighted but recently every day i turn it on I am having to reboot or go into the 8281 menu and reconnect 2 or 3 times just to get a signal or remove scrambled signal ( turn it off at night as vonets shines bright blue light which keeps me awake ) when turn box on at start it shows a number 2 or number 5 on led display on front of box. So far I've done factory reset and installed all latest patches and firmware etc to no avail so any help would be appreciated.

Been using Technomate 5402 HD for just under a year now connected using vonets and up until now I've been delighted but recently every day i turn it on I am having to reboot or go into the 8281 menu and reconnect 2 or 3 times just to get a signal or remove scrambled signal ( turn it off at night as vonets shines bright blue light which keeps me awake ) when turn box on at start it shows a number 2 or number 5 on led display on front of box. So far I've done factory reset and installed all latest patches and firmware etc to no avail so any help would be appreciated.

I bought a Vonets over a year ago mate and never managed to get it going properly with my TM6900HD Super - but then that was probably down to me!
If anyone else has experience of Vonets, maybe a word by word explanation would be in order please?:Ha:

From @gmcmen

This I find is the easy way to connect your Sreceiver to your WiFi router.
It is done with a “WiFi Bridge” I use one from “OpenMedia”
The WiFi Bridge will come with software on a disk, after installing the software to your PC.
1. Connect the WiFi Bridge to a USB port and the Lan port on the PC.
2. Run the software and it will detect wireless networks in range.
3. Choose your network from the list.
4. Enter the passphrase for your wireless network.
5. A popup on the PC should say you are connected to a wireless network, the light on my wireless bridge turns blue when connected.
6. Remove the wireless bridge from the PC and connect it to the receivers USB and Lan ports.
7. Allow it to connect and your done.

Cheers guys but my vonets is fine and runs my spiderbox OK, I'm starting to think its the box as i said it shows a 2 or a 5 on the display when it happens so i suppose I was hoping someone else had come acroos this and either had a fix or does it need to be sent for a repair.

Cheers guys but my vonets is fine and runs my spiderbox OK, I'm starting to think its the box as i said it shows a 2 or a 5 on the display when it happens so i suppose I was hoping someone else had come acroos this and either had a fix or does it need to be sent for a repair.

It's possible the power supply is going down, as your receiver is under a year old do not hesitate get it back to the dealer before your guarantee runs out or you could be facing an expensive repair.

Have you reinstalled the add_on firmware. I had a 5402 that wouldn't boot and it ended up being down to the add_on firmware being corrupt.

yes done it all just looking for receipt now to send for repair although I am starting to think its maybe vonets after all as on further thinking. My vonets works on spiderbox in same room as router but my technomate is in another room and all my neighbors complain about WiFi so I'm going to fanny things about for a few days or can someone suggest something better than vonets

Vonets manual attached.
View attachment 66940

Thanks for all your help Manic mate, I already had all that, including manual off net, but had still struggled, so at present I still have ethernet cable into TM6900HD Super - but may try again later now I know other people use it without probs!
Think I first tried it off my desktop pc in another room - and all seemed to go as per instructions, including blue light coming on, but when I plugged it into stb in lounge nothing was detected!
So I did same in front of telly by using laptop - and same result!
So maybe its when Vonets is plugged into TM when I do something wrong?:Boo:

Back