Ide Interface Details...

Almost forgot about this :) cant wait to get my hands on it.
I have see that the code for using the HDD will be in the source, so might that mean we get a UK image fairly quick?

It is already in the CVS and there is already JackTheGrabber Images in the Download area over there.

You activate the IDE Driver in the Bootoptions and after a reboot run a script that is now also a new option. This formats the HDD for the first time and off you go.

As I understand it (and hopefully being able to confirm after this weekend) you can for example start to record live TV and then start Movieplayer to watch the recording whilst it's done. This would give you the pause option.

I have played with that sort of playback before but the 10MBit bottleneck got me stuck ..

The Hdd Interface is supposed to be around 3-4 times quicker than the network port so you should have no issues.

DBox Baer (The Inventor) is still optimizing his code and you can built yourself a cable from the paralell PC port to flash a new firmware to the IDE Interface

UPDATE !!!

Gurgel has received the missing parts and will start shipping from Today !

To give you some insight and make you more interested here is what you do after you installed the IDE Interface and the HDD in your Dbox:

Install an Image on your Dbox that includes the IDE Drivers (At present only Jack the Grabber & NO UK MOD YET !!)

Turn the Box and and let it boot as normal

press [dbox] Key
Choose Service
Choose Driver & Boot Options
Select the IDE Driver
DboxKeyDriver_Boot.jpg

Reboot the Box

Press [dbox] Key and choose script

DboxKeyMainMenu.jpg

This will prepare your HDD and you can then use it on mnt/hdd to record to it.

pt-1 said:
UPDATE !!!

Gurgel has received the missing parts and will start shipping from Today !

To give you some insight and make you more interested here is what you do after you installed the IDE Interface and the HDD in your Dbox:

Install an Image on your Dbox that includes the IDE Drivers (At present only Jack the Grabber & NO UK MOD YET !!)

Turn the Box and and let it boot as normal

press [dbox] Key
Choose Service
Choose Driver & Boot Options
Select the IDE Driver
DboxKeyDriver_Boot.jpg

Reboot the Box

Press [dbox] Key and choose script

DboxKeyMainMenu.jpg

This will prepare your HDD and you can then use it on mnt/hdd to record to it.

now that does look intreasting m8. CHEERS

Has anyone in the uk ordered or recived there bits to add the hdd.
would love to hear if there is someone needing this option on a uk image.
looks like a good feture to add if it was needed.

He only will ship out tomorrow and I hope to get mine soon

Hi All,
Anyone got and fitted their drive mod yet?

I'm wondering if it's going to be possible to store the image on the drive itself, with just a boot loader in the flash. That way upgrades can avoid the flashing.

MB

WOW! Now all we need is a UK tweak'd image. Very interesting point about using a simple boot loader to an image from the drive, it would make worrying about image sizes and plugin use a non issue, the increased bit rate for IDE on paper is nice but i'd be interested to see how feeds compare from LAN Vs. HD. Just got to wait now ! :Clap:

any1 installed this yet? also ia there any advantage of this to buying a dreambox 500pvr when it comes out?

any1 installed this yet? also ia there any advantage of this to buying a dreambox 500pvr when it comes out?

So you post the same question as two topics above only 55 minutes later...

Does the UK post deliver that late that in that time someone might have taken delivery of the Interface.

I will post as soon as I get mine

DboxBaer (The inventor of it) is just playing around with Timeshift

Streaming ZDF (german tv) with the highest Bitrate and Dolby Digital is possible

have you guys recieved your interfaces yet ?

just wondering i will order one but would like to recieve conformation that have been delivered

and if there installed hows things going ?

cheers

Mine was delivered on thursday - i have installed it today - got to sort out the software and get testing it with the FTA JTG image.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/430/

a basic image for uk users to test their ide interface.
better to format the drive using the jtg script, but there is a script in
/sbin called init_hd.sh which came with the cvs but is untested as I have no ide interface.

fast scanning with @renwich's english zapit file.
basic plugins.
this is not an all singing image just a basic one until someone else makes an all singing and dancing one.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i ordered 1 today and paid via paypal

not sure if i only ordered a ide interface as i cost me £50

couldnt understand the rest of the text on the selection page

got a big a** 320 gig drive here waiting to be installed

cant wait to get rid of the dvd recorder :)

just translated the reciept :(

the shipment of interfaces begins again in 5 weeks

godamm it

Last edited:
how did it cost mate 50 euros or 50pounds? i thought it should be like £37

hiya
pt1 i am really interested in this

what do u recommend which harddrive to use and which images to use and how much does it all cost help me mate

its very intiriging

I was going to order one, but it works out at around €72 on the order page. Im not complaining, just wondering if this is the correct price?

IDE Interface for Dbox €50
Just select your modell

I do not know how you managed to get up to 72€

Waiting time is around 3-4 weeks as the first batch is sold out.

I tried a 250GB Samsung and the Interface could not format it. Installed a IBM 80GB and work fine.

The extra €22 is postage

Bitte übwerweisen Sie 50€ für ein Interface + 22,80€ Versand

IDE Interface for Dbox €50
Just select your modell

I do not know how you managed to get up to 72€

Waiting time is around 3-4 weeks as the first batch is sold out.

I tried a 250GB Samsung and the Interface could not format it. Installed a IBM 80GB and work fine.

Back