icecrypt black flash/update help

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok after giving up on the nagravision cam ive gone and got an icecrypt black cam
now when i put it in my tv it shows up as joker but the numbers on the bottom of the screen are 1.17

now from what i gathered i need the cam to be either joker 0.79 or 0.80

can this be done by the funcard method ive seen mentioned

i have card programmer but not the cas 2 or 3

or should it work as is if i use the default bk?

im wanting to put in a mosc once the cam is how i need it to be

all help appreciated
thanks

Does the CAM menu give a NagraVision submenu or tell you what the Boxkey is ?

The CAM firmware will usually tell you this info and possibly give you the option to change the boxkey (usually a pain in the ass method). If it does then just use the details given and forget about the flash to Joker.

1.17 would tend to be a newer firmware version than 0.79 (assuming that you really have 1.17 Joker firmware) BUT 1.17 may also be a special version with other Crypt systems instead of Nagra.

Last edited:
the cam give me 2 options when in the tv a status option and salect ca
if i chose the select ca option it shows a list of things all,via,shi ect

see pics(is the 1.17 kamilz relavant,)also the cam had a no zap sticker on it is this relavant?

argh so is this cam no good for me either if its on newer firmware

Last edited:
according to that it doesnt do nagra

afaik the latest joker people use is .80

is there anyway to downgrade it-erase it or have i just wasted 50 quid

theoretically they can be reprogrammed with a funcard or 2 - never got it to work myself and afaik not many did with .79

will have a go on my spare tomorrow and see if .80 is any better

£50 seems very steep - had no idea they were worth that much these days

lol there 75 on ebay,and being impaitient i just went for the one i thought i needed from a localish shop

well no matter how much they are it looks like ive wasted 50 quid,to be honest i saw they were 75 on ebay and didnt think 50 was too much-i nearly got a diablo for 90 from the local place,but figured id take a trip to wakey and get a cheaper one

im currently trying the erase file i got from that sat site but i think its killed the cam

i keep getting a bar flash up on the screen(similar to the one i get when i remove the cam from the tv) but it doesnt say anything just flashes every so often with the erase 1 card in

not good....(10 character min - could have sworn it was 4 last week!!!)

If you have truely given up on the thing then i might be able to have a go at flashing via a cas interface for you? I am not perfect at it but have done them previously.

lol ive not given up,but i just have no clue as to what i need to do to try,i dont know if the cam cant read cards and thats causing the pop up box-or if that is just what it does when programming-cant see that tho it would programme it wouldnt it

ive written the files every way i can imagine to fun 4 and 5-tried the erase files(which do seem to have done something as when inserted no the cam no longer show as joker but just as modual)

the cam seems to be in "update mode"but nothing seems to be being updated im open to suggestion

thanks for the offer,its appreciated

i was under the impression that you can't update the black icecrypt to joker0.79 using the fun method.i purchased a blank black ice crypt for a tenner off fleabay and a good samaritan off here programmed the 0.79 joker firmware for me.all i did then was to put the latest fun fix for my area on and the flash and hey presto!i don't think your cam's no good ,all it needs is the joker0.79 putting on.i'm sure if you take a look around on here you might get someone to do it for you as long as you pay the postage.that's all it cost me:Clap:

if i were you i would try to return the cam to the local store, not sure how say its faulty etc etc....

the guy selling on ebay for £75.... me being desperate too i bought a blue icecrypt from him although he agreed for £60 after long chat. Am happy with it though worked straight away for me.

i was under the impression that you can't update the black icecrypt to joker0.79 using the fun method.i purchased a blank black ice crypt for a tenner off fleabay and a good samaritan off here programmed the 0.79 joker firmware for me.all i did then was to put the latest fun fix for my area on and the flash and hey presto!i don't think your cam's no good ,all it needs is the joker0.79 putting on.i'm sure if you take a look around on here you might get someone to do it for you as long as you pay the postage.that's all it cost me:Clap:

This is a black icecrypt and funcard update with jokersoft is working.
http://www.lefdata.com/satellite/cam/icecryptblackci.jpg

This is a white icecrypt and funcard with jokersoft is not working.
http://www.boxfirm.republika.pl/white_icecrypt.jpg

The colour around the letters give the name.

ive written the files every way i can imagine to fun 4 and 5-tried the erase files(which do seem to have done something as when inserted no the cam no longer show as joker but just as modual)

the cam seems to be in "update mode"but nothing seems to be being updated im open to suggestion

thanks for the offer,its appreciated

When i first tried a zeta blue, i tried the update method and it got stuck in an update loop, it lost the blue zeta name and was showing up as module instead, It continously said updating but never finished. I did find refernce to an update loop but no solution hence the cas interface. I am not sure about changing software on jokers with funs, i've only seen reference to zeta blue flashing via fun but personally it didn't work.

thanks for all the imput guys,i managed to get the guy who sold me it to reflash it with a cas interface
got the bk and channels all cleared straight away

now ive got it working some of the hd channels are a bit jumpy ,im on joker 0.79 ,now before i even touch it now can i update a black icecrypt with a fun 5 on joker 0.79 to joker 0.80

is it worth it or do i just make do

This is a white icecrypt and funcard with jokersoft is not working.
The colour around the letters give the name.

do u mean for new white icecrypts?

as i've had one for a couple of years, I flashed with Joker 0.79 and use a fun with no probs......

P/N 1250/2002 Rev 2.01

View attachment 47917

edit sorry, misread u mean funcard update to Joker not working, i used a cas to change mine to jokercam, didn't realise the funcard update worked to change any icecrypt or zetacam to joker

Last edited:
Back