[DM800SE] I think its bricked!!! (clone)

stefblak

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
came home, front of box said no ca, no probs get out the usb and downloads dreamup, easy peezy goes in to http serial mode and gives me IP of box. puts ip in to the browser, selects my backup of my box. flash! nothing! hee haw zip.

is it bricked? or am i missing something?

has your box got the miniflash button on back ?

if so use that for easy recovery

next question, if its bricked can you buy a replacement part and get it going again. or cheaper buying a new box?

In all the years lve never seen that and l have lots of 800's , have you tried another power brick ?
Look for a 12v 2 or 3 amp output , modem power cable might be the same to test

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ive not seen it either. i can see the ip address when its on dreamup. its when i go to internet explorer it wont flash.

ive not seen it either. i can see the ip address when its on dreamup. its when i go to internet explorer it wont flash.

Well since DreapUP has detected the ip carry on flashing with DreamUP dont use a browser.

The Picture on the front screen after using the mini flashup button does not look to be showing an IP at all so try reboot the router and a new cat5 cable it should show the ip on that screen.

Well since DreamUP has detected the ip carry on flashing with DreamUP dont use a browser.

The Picture on the front screen after using the mini flashup button does not look to be showing an IP at all so try reboot the router and a new cat5 cable it should show the ip on that screen.

Well since DreamUP has detected the ip carry on flashing with DreamUP dont use a browser.

hey ferret, tried that too. took 12 minutes of my life and it said this box not be usable or something like that.

never had the mini flash button ever fail

something amiss

so, ive double checked its defo the image. (its my backup) used it loads. after it, comes up with Flashing failed (!!! 010 IMAGE FOR WRONG ARCHITECTURE)

does this help anyone? it may be that the box has finally given up. hence why this happened.

Only suggestion I have is try another image in case your backup has been corrupted

tried that too ian, tried to download optiflash. AVG deleted it!! wtf???? what chance have i got?

that error message usually means wrong image for box

example flashing an 800HD image to 800se

Back