I really want a Mac but FFS

SO... Does it depend on your laptop if you can run mac os's or just chipset? is a PC running MACos as good as a mac once fully configured? Im very interested in this!

you know i have one mate, for me its one of the best things i brought in ages. It did go for a repair and i was then using my xp laptop, oh my days i was counting the days until i got my mac back

once you go mac you never go back :)

SO... Does it depend on your laptop if you can run mac os's or just chipset? is a PC running MACos as good as a mac once fully configured? Im very interested in this!

I think it runs on Intel based chipsets. I've got a spare Dell PC with an Intel chipset that I'll install it on tomorrow. Will let you know the results

Both AMD & Intel are catered for, but you need to select the correct options on the Install config page.

It took me quite a few tries before It installed successfully.

Googling for Hackintosh & OSx86 should shed more light on it.

Allroad go for it anyway i have sent a pm with an offer if your interested i have the macbook pro and its decent best quality screen from all the machines i have ever owned

It'll run on most hardware as long as the processor supports the sse3 instuction set (it can run on sse2 with a hack, but it's not great).
I've been running hackintosh for years, so if anyone needs any tips send me a PM, I'll be glad to help.

Last edited:
leopard runs sweet on a aspire one with ipc10.5.6, just had to replace the wifi card with one off ebay (£10)

i think people are fecked off with windows and spyware and trojans etc etc etc

It should run as fast as a real mac because it runs natively, and they use the same hardware now basically anyway. I have got a chipset that apple don't use though, so I can't run OSX without flashing my bios, which im not really interested in doing. Oh well.

why? many macs run dual core intel pentium chips, so what would make it slow? its MS Windows makes the "PC" slow, not the hardware.

Try reading my post after that before trying to flame me yet again

this is my thread !!!

you two stop it now !!!!!!

LOL you sound like an old lady lol..

Ive tried osx on my old laptop.. took over 9 hours to install.. after it rebooted it did naff all.. i presume the copy i had wasnt much cop..

im looking for another copy, this thread has given much info with working versions.. real help.. cheers guys.

I've installed Iatkos on a dual core Dell 745 today and works great - really fast. It's missing the sound and network drivers though :-(

Thanks Seedy_r0m. Rep added

Last edited:
Hey purity, I assume it's an optiplex desktop you are installing on. If so then you should be able to use the azalia audio driver which will probably be an option if you go to customise during install. Alternatively you can download it from HERE . I'm not sure how old that version is or if it is compatable, but it can't hurt to try!

Hey purity, I assume it's an optiplex desktop you are installing on. If so then you should be able to use the azalia audio driver which will probably be an option if you go to customise during install. Alternatively you can download it from HERE . I'm not sure how old that version is or if it is compatable, but it can't hurt to try!

Cheers mate. It is an Optiplex - I'll give that a go. Any thoughts on how to get the Broadcom NetXtreme Ethernet adaptor working?

Back