iPhone I-Phone 1970 hoax

busterarlow

Inactive User
Reaction score
a few may have already cottoned on to this hoax were adverts claiming to give a new retro skin on apple devices by setting your time to january 1970 and rebooting.

i knew it was a hoax but my 11 year old daughter didnt and tried it. it sends the phone in to a frozen state and makes it heat up quite quickly. people tend to fear the worst at this but its not as critical as people think.

letting the battery die completely seems to help a reboot to normal status but failing that disconnecting the battery will almost certainly bring it back to the life at the stage you last seen it working.

sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned but i didnt see it and it seems that people are still trying it out.

a few may have already cottoned on to this hoax were adverts claiming to give a new retro skin on apple devices by setting your time to january 1970 and rebooting.

i knew it was a hoax but my 11 year old daughter didnt and tried it. it sends the phone in to a frozen state and makes it heat up quite quickly. people tend to fear the worst at this but its not as critical as people think.

letting the battery die completely seems to help a reboot to normal status but failing that disconnecting the battery will almost certainly bring it back to the life at the stage you last seen it working.

sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned but i didnt see it and it seems that people are still trying it out.

I won't be trying it but good to know cheers.

Back