I need some advice guys problems at work!

sometimes you have to give people the benefit of the doubt geeuk may well have had somthing so serious and so bad happen that ringing work was the last thing on his mind.

Also your boss should give you the benefit of the doubt youve had 3 days off big deal a large store like maplins can cope if you are genuinly ill then it cant be helped.

imo make a note of everything thats ogne on and talk to acas m8 there are ways of doing things at work and accusing someone of being a criminal outright like that with no proof is slander and you do not have to stand for it m8 and nor should you.

here is acas's website i wish you all the best and keep your chin up bud.
http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1461

ps i hope you get your personal problems sorted out ok.

sometimes you have to give people the benefit of the doubt geeuk may well have had somthing so serious and so bad happen that ringing work was the last thing on his mind.

Also your boss should give you the benefit of the doubt youve had 3 days off big deal a large store like maplins can cope if you are genuinly ill then it cant be helped.

imo make a note of everything thats ogne on and talk to acas m8 there are ways of doing things at work and accusing someone of being a criminal outright like that with no proof is slander and you do not have to stand for it m8 and nor should you.

here is acas's website i wish you all the best and keep your chin up bud.
http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1461
ps i hope you get your personal problems sorted out ok.

I rang in work when my parents died.......not alot can be much more serious than that.

l would never let any work mates down and even if someone dead l would get a message to work or at least tell the boss wot happened .. #

unless l slipped on to a watering can and the tube got stuck up my arse .. it can happen lol

@Dingodog / i did the same and went in an hour late when my mom dead .. (we knew that was coming tho)

Last edited:
sometimes things are beyond control but try to get a message somehow....there are loads of technologies that can do that???? could have got a mate to do it for u?

most companies staff handbooks are plagiarizing acas guidelines

the return to work meeting is acas guideline

they will suggest you put in a grievance concenring the conduct of your line manager but as it is your word against his then their is little you can do

you resign stating constructive dismissal and fill in an it1 form for a tribunal then all you have is your word against his but you have a questionable attendance record

To be honest not turning up at work without even a phone call is a bit piss taking what was so personal you couldnt discuss

And even if you couldnt discuss the actual situation you could have giving a explanation in a round about way like

I cant say much my mam was in trouble.

I cant say much im having family issues..

I dont want to disclose the actual problem to you because its family buisness and personal.

be polite and he might of give you some leaway instead of a bollicking

Back