I Cant Belive This Still Happens In Todays World

If you breed for fur, the only way to kill is to kill humanly, the problem is that nearly all of those country's that kill animals in that way have no morals and do not care.
You have a good point about the morals. But, when you are breeding for fur you just want the animal dead.

Its not like breeding animals for food - you want them to go as humanely as possibly to maintain the quality of the meat. But for fur, you dont really need to worry about that, in fact your only concern will be to make sure you dont put any holes in the pelt.

Either way its still feckin wrong, we do not have a god given right to kill these animals so if we are going to do it then the least we can do is make it as painless as possible :(

You have a good point about the morals. But, when you are breeding for fur you just want the animal dead.

Its not like breeding animals for food - you want them to go as humanely as possibly to maintain the quality of the meat. But for fur, you dont really need to worry about that, in fact your only concern will be to make sure you dont put any holes in the pelt.

You cant justify it at all. There is no need to put the poor wee souls through the pain.

Maybe if they did cull these animals for there skins in a pain free method the cost will go up and then the demand will reduce.

The main prob is the countries that allow this sort of stuff to happen and the designers that produce the outfits. This world is full of shallow people that are so self obsessed with looking good and being different.

The people that copy them and idolise them are even worse.

ps I don't know if your for or against these actions as your posts seem to contradict themselves or maybe your just a wined up merchant?.

I haven't watched the video...don't really fancy it after the reaction.

A few years ago I had no idea that rabbits screamed.
That was until I went out with one of my mates with his Harris Hawks.

Same as Philler,. the noise haunted me for a while.

Took some great photos of the catch (still got them), but felt very sorry for the creature.

I haven't watched the video...don't really fancy it after the reaction.

A few years ago I had no idea that rabbits screamed.
That was until I went out with one of my mates with his Harris Hawks.

Same as Philler,. the noise haunted me for a while.

Took some great photos of the catch (still got them), but felt very sorry for the creature.

I know where you are coming from Seedy but at least that was simply nature at work ie one animal killing for food, unlike us who do it wholesale for other reasons :(

I know where you are coming from Seedy but at least that was simply nature at work ie one animal killing for food, unlike us who do it wholesale for other reasons :(

actualy hunting for rabbits with a harris hawk is killing for sport.

Same as ferreting or shooting.

agreed thats nature taking its course :) this is totally different unfortunately

:(

after speaking to my wife about it more she tells me of another video where ducks/geese get plucked (alive) every six months,there in that much pain they can hardly walk,just so we have duck/goose down feather pillows etc
but there again thats another story :handball:

True but it is only doing what comes natural, and it aint done on the scale humans do !

No absolutly humans doing it for fashion are doing it for the wrong reasons and there is no need for the animal to suffer.

either way it's bang out of order and i hope the feekers feel the pain of bein skinned alive each day once they die and go to hell.

This is only my opinion and i don't hurt animals or condone it, end of.

but those rabbits in the video wasnt wild (vermin) rabbits was they
well they seemed not to be
as they were white
I assume they are bred for the reason they are killed (fur) even if you agree with that bred=killed=fur still no need to kill them in that way :(

but those rabbits in the video wasnt wild (vermin) rabbits was they
well they seemed not to be
as they were white
I assume they are bred for the reason they are killed (fur) even if you agree with that bred=killed=fur still no need to kill them in that way :(

no defo not wild rabbits and like you say wild or not no way to go.

Lol, you get wild rabbits of all different colours. Over here they happen to be brown, but you still get plenty of white (not albino) rabbits. They just dont last as long in the wild.

They are bred for the fur so of course they are not wild. So don't get what your trying to say.

Last edited:
I dont want to watch it after reading this thread. I heard a hare screaming once when I was a lad and up the hills and there was people hunting for them, it sounded like a baby screaming.

Although I havent watched it, I get the gist of it and it is wrong to kill them inhumanely.

I dont want to watch it after reading this thread. I heard a hare screaming once when I was a lad and up the hills and there was people hunting for them, it sounded like a baby screaming.

Although I havent watched it, I get the gist of it and it is wrong to kill them inhumanely.
Ah, that might have been a Vixen - when they screech it is one of the worst noises ever.

Back