I am so not getting this ...? :S

Gun_Man

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok so I am going to give up with this.
I have a brand new Fun4 erased it and now need to write all the correct files to it.
So this is what I have been doing and I have had no joy. The files that I have are from ice2004 I have been using them since last year and everything has been going well. You can find these files here: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/7679/4. That was until the massive blow out that we had to deal with a few weeks back. No I also have a Dbox and I just updated that with Nagra 7. That was a piece of cake. But now I want to also use the “Fix” for my Fun4. Thing is it will not update. I know that I am doing something wrong, but what I am doing wrong I am not too sure. So can you please point out what it is?
The current files that I have been using are chaos V3 TW.HEX, TW.bn11 and EXT EEprom that is generated by editing the TW.bn11 in Niagra edit with my correct IRD and BK. Before you ask yes I have the correct key and IRD because the box was working before the new Keys came out 2 weeks ago.
1: I downloaded the new “Fix” found here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/172048/
2: Then I replaced my (chaos V3 TW.HEX) with (TW-v2.0_FUN.hex)
3: Generated a new Ext EEprom with narga edit
4: Converted the file to .hex from .bin
5: Then wrote the TW-v2.0_FUN.hex as the FLASH and the ext.hex as my EXT EEprom.
6: Started the box put the card in and left it for like 30 mins. Now normally this is it I would come back after 30 mins and the box would be working fine but now it just says on none FTA channels that “ this channel is temporary out of service” So I know that I am doing something wrong here but what? I think that I have got the wrong end of the stick somewhere any ideas? Also I this is not me wanting to be spoon fed most of you will know me by now and know that I kind of know what I am doing but I just can’t seem to get my head around this one I bet that its right in front of my face but I just can’t see it so please can you just point out how dumb I am. Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
why did you make a new exteep ??
would of been a lot easier to just load and write the flash to the card exteep would not have been erased

try write the exteep then the flash
Ok so I am going to give up with this.
I have a brand new Fun4 erased it and now need to write all the correct files to it.
So this is what I have been doing and I have had no joy. The files that I have are from ice2004 I have been using them since last year and everything has been going well. You can find these files here: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/7679/4. That was until the massive blow out that we had to deal with a few weeks back. No I also have a Dbox and I just updated that with Nagra 7. That was a piece of cake. But now I want to also use the “Fix” for my Fun4. Thing is it will not update. I know that I am doing something wrong, but what I am doing wrong I am not too sure. So can you please point out what it is?
The current files that I have been using are chaos V3 TW.HEX, TW.bn11 and EXT EEprom that is generated by editing the TW.bn11 in Niagra edit with my correct IRD and BK. Before you ask yes I have the correct key and IRD because the box was working before the new Keys came out 2 weeks ago.
1: I downloaded the new “Fix” found here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/172048/
2: Then I replaced my (chaos V3 TW.HEX) with (TW-v2.0_FUN.hex)
3: Generated a new Ext EEprom with narga edit
4: Converted the file to .hex from .bin
5: Then wrote the TW-v2.0_FUN.hex as the FLASH and the ext.hex as my EXT EEprom.
6: Started the box put the card in and left it for like 30 mins. Now normally this is it I would come back after 30 mins and the box would be working fine but now it just says on none FTA channels that “ this channel is temporary out of service” So I know that I am doing something wrong here but what? I think that I have got the wrong end of the stick somewhere any ideas? Also I this is not me wanting to be spoon fed most of you will know me by now and know that I kind of know what I am doing but I just can’t seem to get my head around this one I bet that its right in front of my face but I just can’t see it so please can you just point out how dumb I am. Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try creating your exteep file with toxic, once you created your exteep file drag it over swapbin hex. this will then give you a hex file then stick this file which you just generated and stick it in your programmer and write to card. Make sure you put in a cam Id any number will do and make sure you put in your ird front ways -i.e 12,02, etc in toxic. hope this helps.

try write the exteep then the flash

I wrote a fun 4 with Ext EEProm created with Nagra which I tried a few times which was o no go .Then did exactly the same but used Toxic instead and it worked prefect first time , why I don’t know it just did.

This is step by step guide to how i do it.

1. open nagraedit.
2. in nagraedit open "tw.bn11"
3. put in your own BK and IRD.
4. set 00 key to all zero, set all 01 keys to all zero
5 then go to "standard tier" and set it to "22 66" (this is only because mine is set to that)
6. save this as exteep, make sure you save it as "all files" in the option menu. and delete the one you have already saved first because it dont always overwrite it properly,

7. drag your made exteep over swapbinhex and you will see new file appear, this is the one that goes in your softwares exteep section.

8. put card in programmer and erase, do it twice to make sure its empty.
9. put your converted exteep.hex into the external section of programmer, and program it.

turn off programmer and on again, now put the tw fix into flash section and program it on its own.

good luck matey, not being condesending, just trying to help.

Last edited:
This is step by step guide to how i do it.

1. open nagraedit.
2. in nagraedit open "tw.bn11"
3. put in your own BK and IRD.
4. set 00 key to all zero, set all 01 keys to all zero
5 then go to "standard tier" and set it to "22 66" (this is only because mine is set to that)
6. save this as exteep, make sure you save it as "all files" in the option menu. and delete the one you have already saved first because it dont always overwrite it properly,

7. drag your made exteep over swapbinhex and you will see new file appear, this is the one that goes in your softwares exteep section.

8. put card in programmer and erase, do it twice to make sure its empty.
9. put your converted exteep.hex into the external section of programmer, and program it.

turn off programmer and on again, now put the tw fix into flash section and program it on its own.

good luck matey, not being condesending, just trying to help.

Phew ! a lot of work there for something that takes 20secs..

As DDIIH as said theres no need to make another exteep, delete old flash & inteep ( some dont i always do ) load in and write new one. Job done.

But if you do have to make an exteep....

I see you saved your exteep as a hex file..
when you edit your image in nagra save it as all files but nameit.bin like
johnexteep.bin then you can load it in with your progger.

write exteep first, as reading or writing exteep erases the flash.

You are correct in your assumptions Cliffy, but if the guy has been messing with the card already i felt he needed to start over again, and as i said "the exteep that is made will not always overwrite the one already in his folder" I know that from experience in the past, even though the message says it will. so its these little things that do make things easier when one is left scratching ones head, wondering what has been done wrong.
and i wanted to go through each bit step by step, i myself dident change my exteep only my flash.

all

all you need to do is make the external eep in toxic then put it in swapbinhex, then load that onto your external eep load the new funfix to your flash and write.

Thanks for all the help guys i just used RHv1_EEgen (generates ext eep) that comes with the FIX and in like 2 mins boxs was back up and running. Once again thanks for all the help i owe you all a beer.
:Cheers:

Back