hyperterminal problem

this is what i am getting on latest mac i am trying (have tried about 30-35 so far)
acquire downstream channel - 402750000Hz - locked
connectivity state - ok - operational
boot state - ok - operational
config file - ok - gives config file

is it just the macs i have been trying?

i am in pure
my ubr is cpc1-ersk1-***********.renf.cable.ntl.com

Last edited:
this is what i am getting on latest mac i am trying (have tried about 30-35 so far)
acquire downstream channel - 402750000Hz - locked
connectivity state - ok - operational
boot state - ok - operational
config file - ok - gives config file

is it just the macs i have been trying?

i am in pure
and what is the status on the security is it disable or enable and also did u set back ur local area connection to optain ip automatically

and what is the status on the security is it disable or enable and also did u set back ur local area connection to optain ip automatically

security is disabled and local connection set to get ip addy automatically
i have set the dns servers for nthell/virg 194.168.4.100 and .8.100

i have set the dns servers for nthell/virg 194.168.4.100 and .8.100
dns server huh?... why.. dont think ther any need to r u using proxy or something? it seems u should be online try repairing ur local area connection and also forget about dns server if still dont work if u have a subbed modem try ur mac on it and see also what config file r u getting

just tried 3 more macs with and without dns server details - no difference i am not using a proxy server but have always used those dns server addresses with subbed modem or it does not work.
do you mean to try my subbed modems mac addy on this flashed one to see if it works?

am i best to use it with the network card my subbed is connected to at the moment so as not to register my other network card with my address?

Last edited:
yes m8 try ur subbed mac then u will know for sure what the problem differnately isnt

it is something to do with my network card m8, if i use a different mac address and use my original network card it works fine, when i change to my newer network card it does not work, i have tried making the settings the same but the newer one does not have all the options of my original, i will try searching for an updated driver and see what happens

it is something to do with my network card m8, if i use a different mac address and use my original network card it works fine, when i change to my newer network card it does not work, i have tried making the settings the same but the newer one does not have all the options of my original, i will try searching for an updated driver and see what happens
most like the cause, ur not using vista r u? and also what setting s on the newer card r different?

most like the cause, ur not using vista r u? and also what setting s on the newer card r different?

not using vista m8, have deleted the newer card from hardware devices and no matter what driver i have downloaded it will not take it, so i cannot even get the origional settings back up...have tried modem connected to my laptop but it wont work on that either...i will keep trying for a driver

settings of both network cards, the one on the left is on the mb and works, the other is a pci and wont work with modem but will allow telnet

just had a look at pics posted and it is hard to read gotta go out now but will repost bigger pics later if needed

uploaded new pics. have reinstalled pci network card but will still not connect to internet but can telnet into modem ok

Last edited:
settings of both network cards, the one on the left is on the mb and works, the other is a pci and wont work with modem but will allow telnet

just had a look at pics posted and it is hard to read gotta go out now but will repost bigger pics later if needed
r u disabling the onboard 1 before using the new 1 as this will cause issues as the pc will always assign an ip to the onboard first as its the primary ethernet port and the pci secondary

then u probably needs a uninstall it and reinstall it in a different pci slot also download fresh drivers for it and see if it that works

have moved network card into another pci slot and loaded latest drivers but still no connection to the internet, but can goto 192.168.100.1 and view modem status, anyone any ideas?
see attached pics

can i just change the mac addy of my on board network connection and use the flashed modem as it works ok when connected to this but read you should not use the same network connection as subbed modem

yes m8 if u dont need the subbed connected just smac the onboard card then use ur hack and it will be ok until u can sort the other card out

have just bought and installed another pci card got a gigabit one this time (same as on board type) and not working but this time i tried subbed modem in new ethernet and it is working so mac i have in cloned must be dud now so I will keep trying some new macs and hopefully it will work

ur not having fun with these cards r u? when u put a mac in and it doesnt work just go to the 192 page check the connection status page and see what its saying that way u will know if its the modem or card that playing up

eventually got it working, got some other macs from another area and it worked first time with new card.

gentlex a BIG thank you for all the help you have given me m8, you have spent a lot of time replying to my posts, i would probably have given up on my own

Back