http://www.r4i3d.com/index.htm?l=en_US

Stiofain

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone know where I will get the firmware related to the following => R4i3d www.r4i3d.com

I have updated my DS Lite with the firmware on the website but it specifically says that this updated firmware will not enable me to play games.

This is my first time doing this. I can see all the games in the game folder I created. When I click on them I just keep getting a black screen where it says "Loading" in white. I presume I need some other specific firmware?

Please help

Regards
Stiofain

Did you use the firmware and then the upgrade??
It states you have to use the upgrade if your games don't boot with the original firmware. You can't just use the upgrade on it's own.

Do you mean the original firmware that was the DS all along? If so no I did not try just sticking games on the ad and just sticking it in to the DS as I thought u needed to upgrade. Damn. Is there anything I can do now?

what card do you have m8,

what exactly does it say on card/packaging?

can u post a picture?

Hey Buzzer

Thanks for taking the time to repsond to my post - see pictures attached. I also attached a pic of what my ds looks like after the firmware update

photo.JPG

photo(1).JPG

photo(2).JPG

photo(3).JPG

I presume its a clone

Do I also need to download this software to the sd card = > R4i3d www.r4i3d.com

that card should work on any dslite, what firmware are you using and where you getting your roms?

On Firmware v5. Got roms from the p bay.

I am convinced the problem is that I just have the right file structure on the sd card but I don't know what the right file struture should be

Been at this all morning and still no luck. Is it something to do with the fact that I applied that firmware update in the first place? Would you be able to take a look at the download section of the website and see what exactly I am supposed to have on my sd card (firmware and kernel) - Thanks

1: backup and format your sd card using panasonic formatting tool

2: download your firmware from here

3: open folder and copy _rpg folder and DSMENU.DAT file onto root of sd card

4: download and extract roms onto card, you can put in a game folder if you want....

rom files should be unzipped end in .nds

this is what your sd card should look like:

Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Buzzer - you the man! Thanks a lot. I knew it was easy and I knew I was just doing something wrong. Its easy when you know how I guess. Thanks a lot for your help.

Most of the games take a good while to load (2-3 mins). Is that normal? Then another game loads straight away

no m8,
they should load straight off.

did you use the formatting tool to format the sd card?

if you did then maybe try a diffrent sd card if you have one..

Hi there. I need help...basically bought a new DSi recently. Also bought a R4i3D 2012 card - see attachment.

Having gone to the website stated on the card: www.r4i3d.com, I unsuccessfully tried to download the kernels, from the section Game Played Kernel.

Each of the download options for the kernels do NOT work: they open up a new window, and then what comes up is a lot of garbled text! It looks like the download links have somehow been removed!

Does anyone know where I can go to download a kernel version that will work on my DSi using this card?

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6.6 KB · Views: 35
hi Rat, just had a look, and couldn't find anything immediately obvious. Could you/Buzzer be a little more exact with a link please. Tried Wood 1.46 but that didn't work. Starting to lose hope...

this should be it here m8....
R4I 3D card (2012) - Downloads - Digital World Forums

i recommend using the panasonic formatting tool on your sd card begore putting the firmware on...
panasonic sd formmatiing tool - Downloads - Digital World Forums

it is woods firmware that the card uses, however there are three diffrent versions of woods firmware:
Wood R4
Wood R.P.G
Wood R4iDSN

your card would proberly be wood r4idsn version, but then again your card manufacturer may have "tweaked" the firmware for the card...

so best stick with firmware forom the card oficial site.. :)

It worked!!!! Woo hoooo!!!! Buzzer, you are a genius! Thank you sooo much. I am sure you can guess that I am really chuffed. I know my son will be completely over the moon tomorrow morning when he wakes - as it's his DS. Thank you once again. :)

And Rat thank you too for getting the thread moving along and giving me hope to keep at it... :)

:)
hope you stick around mate, look around the forum we have lots to offer ;)

glad its sorted m8.. :)
like Rats says, stick around and keep an eye on the download section.

the cards firmware will be upgraded periodically,
i will update the post in the download section and replace with latest files as newer versions of your firmware are released.... :)

Back