Mobile Phones htc warranty

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I know my phone is under warranty because I recently had it fixed by HTC. I have just noticed that in all photos I take using the main camera there is a black dot in all the photos more noticeable on a lighter or white background... also when u make the photo bigger. Do you think HTC warranty covers this..it's a HTC one phone? I've cleaned what I could but seems like something inside the phone

Last edited:
I could be dust in the lense phone them and say

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

have you got photos before repair and does this show as that's your fight that it wasn't there before repair

actually speck of dust was there from before, i spoke to htc they done a reflash of my phone in the last repair, i asked them about the speck of dust..they need to see it , they may or may not charge me if its damage caused by myself...i said to them the phone is under warranty as i have just had it back..i dont mind sending the phone but dont want to be lumbered with a charge..i mean its simple i said to the lady does this speck of dust in the camera is reapirable under warrnrty....she didn say, was told to send some pics to htc which i did and got this email back today.. i resent email with attaxchments and said how doing what you suggest is going to remove speck of dust from inside camera lens..heres the pic i sent..ive hhighlited the speck of dust

View image: IMAG0181
View image: IMAG0182
View image: IMAG0186
View image: IMAG0188
View image: IMAG0183

"Thank you for contacting HTC regarding your HTC one.

My name is Michael and I am a Technical Support Agent for the HTC Written Team.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your camera.

Unfortunately i can not see your attachments, since you have not attached them correctly, also Can I just ask did you updated your device recently, have you done any troubleshooting? Wipe cache partition, recovery or factory reset (make a back up first make sure you do not loose anything)- to be able to establish whether it is a software related issue or hardware (due to a possible hardware related glitch), Is it being charged properly (have you crosschecked with different chargers, cables)? Can you actually remember what last action did you performed on your device just before it developed this problem?

I am confident that this will resolve your query, in the unlikely event that this does not please call or instant chat to one of our Technical
Support Agents who will be waiting to guide you through step by step. Our Contact Details can be found at 404 | HTC

Last edited:
Sorry to jump in but how long did it take for the 1st repair? I've got purple tint on my camera but don't have spare phone at moment.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sorry to jump in but how long did it take for the 1st repair? I've got purple tint on my camera but don't have spare phone at moment.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
about 5 days from collection from my house to being redilivered, probably would have been 4 days but they came the same day to collect when i phoned them, even though it was supposed to be collected the next day ..lol...so 4 or 5 days..

done what they said in the email i got from the techy and surprise surprise it didnt fix it.dumb asses lol...anyway its booked in for repair ,ups collecting tommrow, using my se k800i for a week so now...

Back