Phone Unlocking HTC Touch 2 vs T-Mobile G2 Touch

Killer_K

Inactive User
Reaction score
i'm getting an upgade so not sure which phone to get, i've narrowed it down to HTC Touch 2 and T-Mobile G2 Touch so just wanted to get your views on these 2 phones.

if you own/haved owned these phones can you please help decide which one is better.

which one is worth more? (if i can't get used to touch screen i may flog it on ebay)

cheers,

K

I have the G2 which is an HTC hero. I absolutely love this phone, it uses Google Andoid for it's OS and has oodles af apps and games.

Even better when you root it and put on a non standard rom, opens the phone up even more.

thanks Dave, i too think G2 would be better having read reviews. cheers mate

I received my HTC Hero last week as an upgrade. Great phone and lots of free apps available in the Market.

I'm on firmware 1.5. Apparently on 1.6+ google satnav is available.

daveleebond,
Could you provide a link or PM me details on how to do it?

Thanks

I received my HTC Hero last week as an upgrade. Great phone and lots of free apps available in the Market.

I'm on firmware 1.5. Apparently on 1.6+ google satnav is available.

daveleebond,
Could you provide a link or PM me details on how to do it?

Thanks
I think this link would be allowed, good place to start.

2.1 is the next rom for the hero, and beta's are out and can be installed, so you then can install google goggles and google navigator, plus a whole host of others that are 1.6+ compatible.

Dependant on the installed rom you may need to create a goldcard, took me about 10mins, then a custom rooted rom can be applied, that link should give you places to go for that :)

Last edited:
i got both htc touch hd and htc touch hd 2.....the mutts nuts!

Back