HTC Hero

Diddy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right my brother has very kindly donated his old phone to me. It is a HTC hero and it was with T-Mobile. So after a bit of reading I have unlocked it (Paid £6) and rooted it and stuck a new rom on it. Now it is playing up big time with it being almost impossible to write a text message due to the soft keyboard being unresponsive in certain areas of the screen. Even it I turn it round it still buggers up. On other occasions it randomly starts typing letters that my finger is no where near. Sometimes the "key" sticks in and types the letter 5 times or more. All in all an incredibly frustrating experience.
I have tried Villain Rom and also the new cyanogenmod 7. Both have ended up the same way.
Thing is after a reboot the bloody thing seems to work for a few mins (5-10) and then reverts back to the above shit.
My brother said he had none of these problems on stock and also none of the problems on the Villain Rom (Which is what was on it when he gave me it I just basically wiped/reinstalled it.) Anyone got any ideas before it goes in the nearest bin ?

which keyboard are you using?

hold your finger down on a text box after a few seconds you should get a menu with 'input method' on it, choose it and try another keyboard.

I personally use swype on my hero on froydvillain, no problems.

got the swype apk if ya want it, it's 1.6mb, could up it somewhere

If you could upload that swype that would be great. I will give that a try thanks.:Clap:

sure no propbs, install the .apk whichever way you normally do it, then you have to go to phone settings->keyboards and enable swype, then you may have to chose it for the 'intput method' thing I mentioned before.

[ame="http://www.zshare.net/download/886790583fcc074f/"]swype hvga[/ame]

Back