Hardware hp pavilion dv6 3113sa laptop

yelnats

Member ++
Reaction score
I have an hp pavilion dv6 3113sa laptop and the hard drive failed
I have all the rescue disk to it so I can reinstall to factory it came with a 320 gig h/d of which I took out and replaced with an 80 gig to get me by fro the time being so I began to reinstall and the the disk was
loading it ask where I wanted to install told it on the new 80 gig hd
then all of a sudden I get because the hard drive you are trying to install on is smaller the original windows installation cannot continue
with the installation cant get past the message anyone got any idea
what I can do apart from putting the same size hd as the original
one

I have a workaround for you if you want to use it...

If you can read the 25 character Windows 7 product key on the Microsoft COA sticker on your PC, you can download plain Windows 7 ISO files to burn to DVD's for the version of windows (Pro, Home) that came installed on your PC, and that is listed on the Microsoft COA sticker on the PC.

You must also select the language of the installation that came with your PC, or the product key won't work.

Burn the ISO using the Burn ISO option on your DVD burning program, and burn at the slowest possible speed your program will allow.

Use the 25 character product key to activate the installation. It is good for either the 32 or 64 bit version of W7.

Then go to the support and driver page for your PC to install the drivers you need.

Link to the W7 ISO file downloads is below.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

same idea if its xp ect

Back