Reaction score
I wonder if any of you genii can help me to solve the following issue

HP Laptop displays the following on start up

Product information not valid
System Board (00A) Product Name
System Board (00A) Product Serial Number
System Board (00A) Product Number
System Board (00A) System Board CT Number

I have downloaded the HP Bios Utility and followed instructions found on YOUTUBE, but...................

After I have entered the numbers I get
SETTING changeStatus="fail" name "Enter Feature Byte" reason "Access denied" returnCode="6"

I get this for the Product Name, Product Serial Number, Product Number and System Board CT Number.

Can anyone help?
BTW I have very limited ability and apart from replacing blank information with correct information I do not know what I am doing.

How to fix Product Information Not Valid error on HP G62-A19SA​

I recently replaced the motherboard on an HP G62-A19SA laptop (part number 597674-001)

Nothing to do about replacing M/B and he has never said what make and Model of the Laptop ?

simply because most new users only appear for a quick fix hence the maybe but fell free to stick around & add quality content & you will be most welcome

How to fix Product Information Not Valid error on HP G62-A19SA​

I recently replaced the motherboard on an HP G62-A19SA laptop (part number 597674-001)

Nothing to do about replacing M/B and he has never said what make and Model of the Laptop ?
However the fix should be similar. It's the same problem. Do you have a better suggestion.

I've never joined a forum like this before where you get ridiculed for everything you do to try and help

well bring your knowedge please
Will do; I'll bring better knowledge and you can bring better spelling.

Time and date would be wrong mate. Doubt that is your issue though.
Similar situation where serial number was wiped; we found out it was a dead Bios battery - it's unlikely.

This person asked a question a week ago and because I responded with something to check everyone jumps on it? Why? No one else has suggested a single thing in a week.

Will do; I'll bring better knowledge and you can bring better spelling.

Similar situation where serial number was wiped; we found out it was a dead Bios battery - it's unlikely.

This person asked a question a week ago and because I responded with something to check everyone jumps on it? Why? No one else has suggested a single thing in a week.
Not all of us stay glued to the forum 24/7 . langland asked a question and I gave an answer. You need to wind your neck in mate

Not all of us stay glued to the forum 24/7 . langland asked a question and I gave an answer. You need to wind your neck in mate
Not at all. The disrespect I've seen on this forum is insane. Definitely the least welcoming community I've come across

Back