Sensible Topic How will you vote in the EU referendum ?

EU Referendum - will you vote In or Out ?

• Stay In

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Get Out

Votes: 115 77.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 12 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
12 hours ago

Brexit 'has added £245' to price of average family summer holiday

Experts advise choosing all-inclusive holidays as their prices will have been set before the post-Brexit drop in the pound
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Well I just booked Spain for the oct holidays and to be honest I have not noticed any kind of change in prices . Only the euro exchange rate is something to worry about . Oh and Spanish hotels have added a tourist tax you pay straight to the hotel 1 or 2 % of your room charge . So I think that article is just scare mongering

For me the majority of politicians don't live in the real world. They toddle off back to there middle class suburban homes and live in comfort. They don't really see the big pictures or choose not to. I have two polish families that live near me, they both work and keep themselves to themselves and that's fine buy me. But then you can drive a few mile down the road and the place is over run with Romanians, middle easterners and other eastern Europeans and they have turned the place into a shit hole no go area. People are scared to go out at night, they can't sell there homes as nobody wants to live there. The police even avoid it unless it is a racial incident and have to go. I have also seen the same thing twenty odd mile up the road in areas of Sheffield. Maybe you have seen it for yourselves or read about it.
I think we need to make this country a bit less attractive to people who just want come and get free health care, free housing and free handouts. I am not saying the brexit is going to fix this but something has to change. The party is getting bigger but the cake ain't so I think you need to bring something if you want to attend..
P.S
I ain't no racist.....

Last edited:
For me the majority of politicians don't live in the real world. They toddle off back to there middle class suburban homes and live in comfort. They don't really see the big pictures or choose not to. I have two polish families that live near me, they both work and keep themselves to themselves and that's fine buy me. But then you can drive a few mile down the road and the place is over run with Romanians, middle easterners and other eastern Europeans and they have turned the place into a shit hole no go area. People are scared to go out at night, they can't sell there homes as nobody wants to live there. The police even avoid it unless it is a racial incident and have to go. I have also seen the same thing twenty odd mile up the road in areas of Sheffield. Maybe you have seen it for yourselves or read about it.
I think we need to make this country a bit less attractive to people who just want come and get free health care, free housing and free handouts. I am not saying the brexit is going to fix this but something has to change. The party is getting bigger but the cake ain't so I think you need to bring something if you want to attend..
P.S
I ain't no racist.....
. I can't believe there are no go areas in England . I've spent most my life in Ireland (belfast) and the police have always went into all areas there so I don't buy this . It sounds like a daily mail headline to be honest .

- - - Updated - - -

Only balearic islands have that tax.
Majorca, Menorca, Formentera and Ibiza
I didn't know that mate was only told about it when booking seems a strange tax . Maybe our hotels should start doing the same pass the tax on to the workers .

. I can't believe there are no go areas in England . I've spent most my life in Ireland (belfast) and the police have always went into all areas there so I don't buy this . It sounds like a daily mail headline to be honest .

I didn't say it was a no go area, they avoid it as not to stir up racial tension. A bit like the police avoid going onto traveller camp sites in my neck of the woods.
I also think you are getting me mixed up with someone else as I don't copy and paste, I am telling you what I have seen and heard weather you believe or not is irrelevant. I know one thing I am glad I don't live there or read the Daily Mail for that matter

I'll be honest mate . There isn't really a massive amount of immigrants where I live I fact very few . In belfast very little to . I'm not really clued into what it's like in England I know certain city's have more than others but I still can't see what difference leaving the EU will make . Immigration will still happen and should be encouraged .

If you lived in some of these places where you are the minority you may change your mind.
As you say you dont have it where you live.
Some of those place are now sh@t holes where they were once nice places.
Thats not tarring all immigrants with the same brush as it is a small minority for sure who cause the hassle.

I'll be honest mate . There isn't really a massive amount of immigrants where I live I fact very few . In belfast very little to . I'm not really clued into what it's like in England I know certain city's have more than others but I still can't see what difference leaving the EU will make . Immigration will still happen and should be encouraged .

I respect your views and I have got nothing against migration myself as long as they don't want to come just for the free handouts and turn places into shitholes and I know there are plenty of British who are at that game. I don't know if leaving the European union will help the situation or not but I know something needs to change....

I respect your views and I have got nothing against migration myself as long as they don't want to come just for the free handouts. I don't know if leaving the European union will help the situation or not but I know something needs to change....
You know mate I agree . Again maybe I shouldn't really comment on this part of it because your right I don't have to live with it . I'm not in a minority . It must be hard for older people that have lived all thee life in a place watch it change into a place they no longer recognise , but let's not blame the the immigrants for everything I've seen some places wrecked by locals turning nice places into not fit to live in

There are plenty of Brits that are guilty of the same behaviour but adding to it is not going to help....
It's a real pity for for people who don't live near it or don't seem to think it's just a made up Daily Mail headline....

Last edited:
You know mate I agree . Again maybe I shouldn't really comment on this part of it because your right I don't have to live with it . I'm not in a minority . It must be hard for older people that have lived all thee life in a place watch it change into a place they no longer recognise , but let's not blame the the immigrants for everything I've seen some places wrecked by locals turning nice places into not fit to live in

I'm in my fifties thats not old ffs lol

I'm in my fifties thats not old ffs lol
I'm mid 50's as well, some days I feel like I'm still 18 and others I feel like a proper old fecker lol

I think that our age is a lot of the problem, I grew up in London in the 60's & 70's and I always remember those as great days, it was probably relatively the same, I certainly remember everyone being poorer, but with the big change with immigration I suppose it's easy to blame that on everything not right

See I'm going on like a boring old git lol

I'm mid 50's as well, some days I feel like I'm still 18 and others I feel like a proper old fecker lol

I think that our age is a lot of the problem, I grew up in London in the 60's & 70's and I always remember those as great days, it was probably relatively the same, I certainly remember everyone being poorer, but with the big change with immigration I suppose it's easy to blame that on everything not right

See I'm going on like a boring old git lol

I’m some years older than you and I grew up in Stoke Newington

we might even have seen each other when younger

I am not saying that immigration is the only problem with this country but I have seen the effects of it and don't know where it is going to lead if carries on as it is. Maybe it is just my age and I am worrying for nothing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back