How to Process your Ext eep

have converted it to hex and writen it to ext.eeprom put old flash in and still nothing

I didn't use the flash read from my card I used the Chaos version 3 one and it hit first time.
Try erasing your card if you have backed everything up.

I think whats happening here is that the file is being saved as "myexteep.bin.bn11" if thats the case right click the file,choose rename and then take the ".bn11" off the end of the file name.
Thats the way nagra does it for me anyhow.
Bri

Ooops too late you fixed it.
this is exactly what happened to me i thought just another failure till i read the tut over again and knocked off the bin11 from the end and swapped it from bin to hex then programmed my atmega card and everything worded fine thanks Clive for the tut first tv for 3 days lol. just need to figure out how to input the keys into my dbox and i will be sorted god they look totally different lol

Hi guys fantastic info..... defo should be made a sticky.

Ive tried the 2nd tut cos using atmega in au in pure and im getting a message " smart card not properly inserted"

could this be because im too late and using old keys. tried it at1900 hrs just now.

thanx

Sorry guys my mistake I was using an old flash file not the one saved from the card.

Quick question...................... I use an infinity programmer and it advises me that the flash will be erased. How come its still there then???????????????/

I have a feeling im having a blonde moment.

Yes mate AU

For some of you the Rst files may not be working so just enter the keys manually into the ext eep of your AU Fun or Atmega card.

1). Do this by reading your Fun/Atmega card and saving the Flash & Ext eep files.
Your programer will probably save the file in a hex format.

2). Convert the file from hex to bin with the HEX2BIN file I've attached (by drag and dropping the file into it and it will make a new file of the same name but in the required file extention).

3).Then open the file in NagraEdit4.1 choosing Rom11 (Or NagraEdit3.0 choosing Rom10 and ignor the error it throws up) Attached.

4). Change the Public Key 0: & Public Key 1: in the Data Editor tab to the new keys.

5). Goto: File/Save Card Image & choose the Save as type "All files (*.*)" and save the image with a name of your choosing on with the extention of ".BIN"
ie:
"My Ext eep.BIN" and remember where you save it.

6). Then you have to convert your Ext eep .BIN file back to HEX again so use the "SwapBinHex" I've attached (by drag and dropping the file into it and it will make a new file of the same name but in the required file extention).

7). Then you program your card with the original Flash file and the newly updated Ext eep file you made.

Done! :)

Clive.

will the cards auto update using this method? i tried using the chaos method but it never worked

Always erases the flash when you write the external eep first.Thats why you write your flash afterwards.

are there any cards that are ypdating as ive read something about a mosc??!!??

i havent come across one of these cards but then i still think the world is held up on tortoises lol

are there any cards that are ypdating as ive read something about a mosc??!!??

i havent come across one of these cards but then i still think the world is held up on tortoises lol

The mosc is your modified original service card with ntl all over them.
Tech its a rom 10 or rom 11 and its still working fine.

oh right .... i got my boxes 2nd hand so never had the original cards.
thanks for the info though.

Worked for me. Thanks.

Thanks for easy advise. Followed your explaination and it worked fine using todays keys.

:Clap:

in the extracp mate at top of page, make sure you refresh page.
thought you were deffo pure m8? as i have just emailed you some more pure files to try, are you ex c&w

yeah, i have been reliably informed by a trader where i live that i live in ex c&w area.

ps, i need another 44 posts before i can enter extra cp lol, nearly there now hehehe

AHAAAAAA!!!!

No idea what i just did but all is working now!!!

:Clap::banana::Clap:

big thumbs to evryone and rep added to all who have helped!

AHAAAAAA!!!!

No idea what i just did but all is working now!!!

:Clap::banana::Clap:

big thumbs to evryone and rep added to all who have helped!

glad your sorted m8 it was starting to bug me...:Clap: out of interest what files did you use to get it working as it may help others with simmilar probs

would u believe me if i said i have absolutely no idea?

was using 2 cards and mixing and matching files. Chaos v3 was definately the flash. had loads of exteep files sent and was mixing and matching them. desktop is full of hex files lol.

Back