How to Process your Ext eep

clive58

Inactive User
Reaction score
For some of you the Rst files may not be working so just enter the keys manually into the ext eep of your AU Fun or Atmega card.

1). Do this by reading your Fun/Atmega card and saving the Flash & Ext eep files.
Your programer will probably save the file in a hex format.

2). Convert the file from hex to bin with the HEX2BIN file I've attached (by drag and dropping the file into it and it will make a new file of the same name but in the required file extention).

3).Then open the file in NagraEdit4.1 choosing Rom11 (Or NagraEdit3.0 choosing Rom10 and ignor the error it throws up) Attached.

4). Change the Public Key 0: & Public Key 1: in the Data Editor tab to the new keys.

5). Goto: File/Save Card Image & choose the Save as type "All files (*.*)" and save the image with a name of your choosing on with the extention of ".BIN"
ie:
"My Ext eep.BIN" and remember where you save it.

6). Then you have to convert your Ext eep .BIN file back to HEX again so use the "SwapBinHex" I've attached (by drag and dropping the file into it and it will make a new file of the same name but in the required file extention).

7). Then you program your card with the original Flash file and the newly updated Ext eep file you made.

Done! :)

Clive.

Last edited:
For some of you the Rst files may not be working so just enter the keys manually into the ext eep of your AU Fun or Atmega card.

1). Do this by reading your Fun/Atmega card and saving the Flash & Ext eep files.
Your programer will probably save the file in a hex format.

2). Convert the file from hex to bin with the HEX2BIN file I've attached (by drag and dropping the file into it and it will make a new file of the same name but in the required file extention).

3).Then open the file in NagraEdit4.1 choosing Rom11 (Or NagraEdit3.0 choosing Rom10 and ignor the error it throws up) Attached.

4). Change the Public Key 0: & Public Key 1: in the Data Editor tab to the new keys.

5). Goto: File/Save Card Image & choose the Save as type "All files (*.*)" and save the image with a name of your choosing on with the extention of ".BIN"
ie:
"My Ext eep.BIN" and remember where you save it.

6). Then you have to convert your Ext eep .BIN file back to HEX again so use the "SwapBinHex" I've attached (by drag and dropping the file into it and it will make a new file of the same name but in the required file extention).

7). Then you program your card with the original Flash file and the newly updated Ext eep file you made.

Done! :)

Clive.

Good tut there clive, sure it will help alot of people out, including myself.Hope people will look at this then starting new threads asking how to.
:Cheers:

cheers.

Good tut there clive, sure it will help alot of people out, including myself.Hope people will look at this then starting new threads asking how to.
:Cheers:

cheers.

:Laugh: Yes mate but you can only do so much to help out cant you.
If its good enough maybe it'll be made into a sticky.

Clive.

Hi Clive. Thanks for the tutorial, however I cannot seem to input the new keys and get it to work.

I have followed the above and everythig seemd quite clear. But it just ain't working!! I am using a fun card which was an au fun card. Can you help?

Forget backing up your flash just use the CHAOS V3 flash it was ok for ex C&W anyway.
Just read your exteep or if you got a backup of it then edit that in nagra.
Bri

funcard 4

im using funcard 4 the au way and i followed tut above and worked fine easier than rst way anyway

Hi Clive. Thanks for the tutorial, however I cannot seem to input the new keys and get it to work.

I have followed the above and everythig seemd quite clear. But it just ain't working!! I am using a fun card which was an au fun card. Can you help?

i was having the same problem and rst method would not work and done the same as clive has said and still would not work, i was using chaos V3 as flash file, i then tried using cryptHexntl V3 as my flash and it worked ok, don't know why it worked with one rather than the other but give it a go m8 if you are not already sorted

forgot to mention i am in pure

im using funcard 4 the au way and i followed tut above and worked fine easier than rst way anyway

Actually, with funcards, most ppl think once you've made your Rst flash theres no editing mucking about to do, you just program your card with the latest Rst int eep found on the forum and your flash file which most ppl find easier than editing keys into a file but if your happy I'm happy :)

Clive.

tryed everything you said but when comes to swapping to bin it will not swap any thoughts

What part are you at? from the programer? or from NE?
Which file extention is it saving in?
Have you done :
5). Goto: File/Save Card Image & choose the Save as type "All files (*.*)" and save the image with a name of your choosing on with the extention of ".BIN" ie:
"My Ext eep.BIN" and remember where you save it. or what?

Clive.

done all that and saving as file type bn11 and will not swap to hex it flashes and nothing is swapped

Not bn11 !

Read my tut,
5). Goto: File/Save Card Image & choose the "Save as type" "All files (*.*)" and save the image with a name of your choosing on with the extention of ".BIN" ie:
"My Ext eep.BIN"

Heres a pic:

NE.jpg

Clive.

Last edited:
that has done it thank but box still not picking up card

Last edited:
I think whats happening here is that the file is being saved as "myexteep.bin.bn11" if thats the case right click the file,choose rename and then take the ".bn11" off the end of the file name.
Thats the way nagra does it for me anyhow.
Bri

Ooops too late you fixed it.

have converted it to hex and writen it to ext.eeprom put old flash in and still nothing

Back