how to not get banned from playing live??

beezo

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys,

got my lads a membership for live for xmas as i had to buy another xbox as i got banned approx 12 months ago.

anyway, im looking for an idiots guide on how not to get banned again. ive got a few questions, hope u can help

1. does MS keep a record of the IP address that xboxes have been banned from?? how do i fix this if so?

2. will i need to setup a totally different username??

3. will i have to format my harddrive on my xbox as its the hd from my banned xbox (bought new xbox but used banned xbox harddrive). if so how do i do this

4. is their an up 2 date guide on how to setup abgx as found the one on this site is out of date (abgx is old version)

5. when running an iso through abgx for kinect games, im having trouble getting the game verified as im sure it said it wasnt in the data base. any help there too please

sorry for all the questions guys but dont want the kids to get banned xmas day and me lose 30 quid. any other advice much appreciated

can no one help me out here??

59 views and not one reply. surely someone here knows there stuff when it comes to this

Don't play with a flashed drive is the best way not to get banned lol

Don't think anyone knows specifically how people get banned otherwise there would be a bullet proof way of flashing the drive and not getting banned.

Don't play with a flashed drive is the best way not to get banned lol

Don't think anyone knows specifically how people get banned others there would be a bullet proof way of flashing the drive and not getting banned.

Pretty much what he said.... all you can do is make sure you have most up to date firmware.... make sure you only use good rips... and always have a console that is not flashed just in case lol...

If you have a flashed drive,how do get updates for games etc?Does that go through Xbox live?

can no one help me out here??

59 views and not one reply. surely someone here knows there stuff when it comes to this

There hasn't been a ban wave this year so far so the firmware appears to be doing its job. LT+ defeats the new protection AP25.

As for kinect games not on the database you are taking a risk if you cannot verify.

As others have said you need latest firmware and verify all games any not on database the only other option is to backup a retail copy.

if a game isnt verified through abgx and i only play it off line. does it leave any kind of 'mark' on my xbox that could get me banned

if a game isnt verified through abgx and i only play it off line. does it leave any kind of 'mark' on my xbox that could get me banned

As soon as a disc is inserted into the 360, then it records the info on the internal nand. That information is then forwarded to MS when you connect to live. It was always thought you could play safely offline, however this was proven wrong by c4 and team.

Your never 100% safe for online, but you can always be safer.

ive just noticed that when using abgx to verify iso's, the box saying 'adjust ssv1 angle 359 for iextrme < 1.4' is ticked!!

what does this mean?? have i made a load of coasters????

PS just found out my drive was flashed with LT1.1. Does this mean i should have the box ticked then??

Last edited:
That's the risk you take when flashing a drive.

No you don't need that ticked mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the risk you take when flashing a drive.

No you don't need that ticked mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so does that men i made a load of coasters or am i still ok to play the backups ive made

Thanks,so how do you get updates for games if you can't connect to xblive?(excuse the noob question,never had a flashed drive before)

go here and manually download the update your after and put it on your xbox hdd. the instructions on how to do this are in the link also.

Just a Newbie question lol if a game passes a abgx360 1.0.5 does that mean you are able to play online on fifa 11 for instance ?

Thanks,

Jack

if you have run it through abgx the game is as safe as you can be but there is no ultimate safe way of playing backups on line.

Back