How to find who is living at a property?

gadgethome

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I need to start a small money claim online but I dont have the full persons name. I have their full postal address and mobile number and tried searching the electoral roll but they all seem to want you to register and pay.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Hi,

I need to start a small money claim online but I dont have the full persons name. I have their full postal address and mobile number and tried searching the electoral roll but they all seem to want you to register and pay.

Thanks

Is it a claim against a person or a company?

Its against a driving instructor. I've checked companies house and no company registered. I would guess they are self employed.

Its against a driving instructor. I've checked companies house and no company registered. I would guess they are self employed.

Try searching his full address followed by the word "director" just in case he has something registered. I just tried that with someone and got a hit at beta.companieshouse.gov.uk.

Does a driving instructor require professional indemnity? Or can they use a company for limited liability?

Just some ideas. PM the address to me if you wish and I'll have a dig about when I'm at a loose end at work tomorrow :). Or someone might have the UK Info Disk.

Thanks for tips. I will PM you details in a few minutes.

There is a complaints email address to report instructors @dvla. I emailed them the complaint, name of the school, home address and mobile and only response I got back was without their name they cant do anything.

Thanks. Good suggestion I'll get someone from the office to call on their mobile.

Hi,

Thanks

If your stuck you could view the electoral roll at your local council (library I think)and you actually search by address not name so that could be an option.

Why not just go round to his house and give him a good slap. Saves all that fooking about. Sorted.:)

Yeah lets have his details so we all can go around.

Some background....Found instructor and my wife took trial lesson (paid 1/2 price). Lessons usually £25 but she offered 10 for £225. Wife took 5 lessons but not progressing so she said she wanted to stopped. Instructor initially said no refund. I asked for £100 refund. Worked it out as £225 - (5 x £25 full price) = £100. I thought it was fair. She came back and said she will give a good will gesture of £50. I said no. Few days later I said OK lets do it and then issue closed. She replied back saying she has withdrawn the offer and never contact her again.

Contract broken at your end surely?
Wife had a trial and was happy.
You have made contract deal of special offer price for x amount of lessons.
Instructor may have now turned down work because of this booking and should not lose income.

Contract broken at your end surely?
You have made contract deal of special offer price for x amount of lessons.
Instructor may have now turned down work because of this booking and should not lose income.

True but equally if my wife feels she's not getting the service she paid for, then she should be allowed to cancel? Plus my wife was booking the next lesson after she finished the current lesson so she wasnt taking up any bookings in advance.

The law will be, you tried before you bought.
You were happy.
You took up a discounted deal
You paid in advance to get that deal.
Same as a deposit you have lost it if you no longer want the deal.
You ate half the pie, now you dont want the other half and want the instructor to take it back lol.
You need to move on and let it go.
You will never prove instructor is no good as all learners learn at different speeds etc.
The key is she had a trial lesson first and was happy.
Should never pay up front to save a little just in case of these instances

Back