How to Clean my Decking?

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
noticed this morning that my decking is a bit slippery. it's hardwood, usually pressure wash it and use teak oil on it but didn't last year.

anything else i should use or just pressure wash it? and is there any point at this stage of the year or wait another couple of months?

Diluted household bleach is a good cleaner for moss and stuff, but be careful splashing it around, use a bucket and a scrubbing brush and clean water to hand

i was thinking of scrubbing it down with bleach but was afraid the bleach might discolour the wood?

I would advise an egg cup filled with water and a little bleach with an old toothbrush, then good old elbow grease
top tip
change water as soon as its dirty :)

should keep ya busy for a few days depending on size of deck

:proud:

it's pretty big for doing it that way Rat, not sure how to work out the size, there's another six ft or more of it to the left of the pic? it's the whole width of the garden, say it's maybe 20 x 30 ft? so let me see an eggcup of water would do maybe six inches at a time........... works out at about two years lol ;)

member-evastar-albums-icosahedron-picture375-dscf0175.jpg

Last edited:
better get cracking then, there a good few weeks work there doing it my way

cya mid March
:lol:

spunk!

Seriously get a small amount of spuk 2 or 3 ejaculations worth should do it. Mix that with 1 part goats milk and 2 parts mountain spring water.

You need one of those green souring pads, but they must be cut into 1 inch square pieces. Go against the grain of the wood. You will need to wear heat proof gloves as the mixture becomes hot from the molecular reaction that occurs.

Once that has been applied leave for 3 months 4 days 3hours 56 minutes and 4 seconds. It's then time to remove it and only yak urine will work. It's about 70p from ebay if i remember correctly.

This time apply with the grain and it brings the wood up a treat. Then varnish with freshly squeezed bees wax from the bums of Japanese bees. Apply it with a shammy leather made from Australian tree squirrels.

You will end up with a deck like you've never seen.

great, i'll ask if they have any in lidl, thanks very much for all the helpful posts guys! :)

I wouldn't bother with the katcher deck cleaner, got it free with my washer and to be honest it seemed to spray more water to the sides rather then on the decking.

I would suggest a cup full of bleach in a bucket of water. When dirty, replace. Scrub with a really stiff brush (time to get the kids busy) and then host off.

Once done apply a good quality decking protector with a sprayer.

use the jeyes like was said in a earlier post bloody good stuff an i aint on commision lol

Back