How times have changed

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember as a child in Scotland being snowed in and unable to attend school which was 50 yards away round the corner from my house. Life would get back to normal within a day or 2 when the Council's snowplough worked it's magic.
Even when we moved to England in December 65' the snow here could be quite significant but not really a patch on what we were used to on an annual basis.

Here is a picture of "significant snow" in Birmingham today.

Snow.jpg

Used to live in a Lanarkshire village that got regularly cut off when it snowed. Always carried a shovel in the boot over the winter months.

Moved to East Midlands 40 years ago and was gobsmacked by traffic grinding to a halt in 2cm of snow. laugh.gif

Postman was still in shorts on Saturday , big coat on so was a bit of a wimp😂
Nuneaton's full of them Gez, walking into Supermarkets with big puffer jackets, shorts and flip flops. I never try to disguise my sniggers. 😂 Why do they see it as a sign of their hardness rather than a sign of their stupidity?

Nuneaton's full of them Gez, walking into Supermarkets with big puffer jackets, shorts and flip flops. I never try to disguise my sniggers. 😂 Why do they see it as a sign of their hardness rather than a sign of their stupidity?
I'm originally from Nuneaton mate, born and bred in tryan Rd, St Joseph infant and junior school then alderman Smith High.

I'm originally from Nuneaton mate, born and bred in tryan Rd, St Joseph infant and junior school then alderman Smith High.
I know mate 😂 That's why I mentioned Nuneaton.
Knew quite a few from Tryan and Blackatree areas. I was footballing mates with Grewy Dave Grewcock and Nog Colin Pannell. Was good friends with Dave Lewis ex captain of the Boro, the Crutchleys and the Washbrooks and drank in the Board Inn after meeting my ex who also was Tryan Road.

Reactions: gez
Yes, I come from a hot country originally, so anything below 2c is too much. But I agree, that the smallest snow fall in atypical areas seems to bring everything to a stop.

I remember I had staff calling in to say it was "too dangerous" to drive I was like "Susan, I'm your neighbour and I rode a bicycle here!"

Back