How Long Should dreamup take to flash Original DM800hd pvr

manleemick

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI guys got a box dm800 hdpvr original well its meant to be I have done all checks and it seems to be even dreammultimedia sit checker, i have tried to flash a few images on it and have got the no ca errors ,,I hear that you can get this on both clone and rteal bopxes ,,anyway when im using dreamup to flash image it is taking up to 2 hours to flash box I no from flashing boxes like 500dm,s would never have taken that long nor my 600 pvr any ideas as to why I have my comm settings to 115200 but is taking for ever
Cheers
Manleemick

i have a original 800 and when i was getting the no ca error mine took about an hour to flash on a old pc (only one i got with com port on last week reflashed with the dbuk image from downloads and then flashed the ssl for original dreambox had to use firefox as was getting error old image on ie (thanks to wiz for help) just managed to set up everything on it bbc iplayer itv player ts panel crossepg can really recommend this for original picture quality is much better than any other i have tried once you get it sorted deffo a good image to try hth

well ffs I just downloaded a new image in about 3 mins there using crossover cable yes and its an original ,,flash using network not serial cable ffs sitting like a plonker for 2 hours,,:)

Flash bootloader with dream up using serial.

Reboot receiver and then use web browser to flash image (Sometime Internet Explorer works better). Don't forget that if the bootloader is not included in the image, DO NOT REBOOT the receiver after flashing the image. Flash bootloader again again and then reboot. You could always flash using the network interface.

so do i need too flash boot loader on all images that go on to original boxes before hand?
Flash bootloader with dream up using serial.

Reboot receiver and then use web browser to flash image (Sometime Internet Explorer works better). Don't forget that if the bootloader is not included in the image, DO NOT REBOOT the receiver after flashing the image. Flash bootloader again again and then reboot. You could always flash using the network interface.

No. When you download an image, the release notes will normally tell you which version you need. Flash only if a different one is required.

I normally flash the botloader again before rebooting (using web browser). Only takes a few seconds. Better safe than sorry as they say.

Back