How is this VOD possible???

rizla3066

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello all, ok my question is how does the VOD system work?

i ask this cause i went to my m8s last night to sort his fun card out as it had gone off last week. now after going through the fun card section i found this post http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=126550 about getting movies back on the pace boxes. so all good i thought, i reenabled talk back to get the pin working but it was no go, whatever i did i could not get the pin working on the movie channels. so i thought o'well its tough luck he will have to do without movies. but while i had talkback enabled i tried the VOD service and guess what it worked.

now the box is an old 1001b and the kid has had it for years, 4 at least and the sofware alltho its been updated is still an old bk & ird that i first put on the box years ago. now i have not cable anymore and the only time i get chance to mess with it is when i go to my m8s so maybe im a bit behind on whats goin on with cable now, but i thought VOD was spacififc to an account, and the only way to get it would be to reenable talkback and clone the box to proper subcribed box?? but as i say the box and ird & bk are very old so could not possibly be charged to anyone.

how is this possible?? any light shed on the matter would be helpfull

VOD requires talkback to be enabled a bit like a secure web session ( clossest exmaple i can think of!) ......if you have enabled it and it is still enabled i would disable it very quickly as you run the risk of becomming visible on their network!!!....the box can become blacklisted ....and worse case scenario mr plod knocking on his door

Last edited:
hello all, ok my question is how does the VOD system work?

i ask this cause i went to my m8s last night to sort his fun card out as it had gone off last week. now after going through the fun card section i found this post http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=126550 about getting movies back on the pace boxes. so all good i thought, i reenabled talk back to get the pin working but it was no go, whatever i did i could not get the pin working on the movie channels. so i thought o'well its tough luck he will have to do without movies. but while i had talkback enabled i tried the VOD service and guess what it worked.

now the box is an old 1001b and the kid has had it for years, 4 at least and the sofware alltho its been updated is still an old bk & ird that i first put on the box years ago. now i have not cable anymore and the only time i get chance to mess with it is when i go to my m8s so maybe im a bit behind on whats goin on with cable now, but i thought VOD was spacififc to an account, and the only way to get it would be to reenable talkback and clone the box to proper subcribed box?? but as i say the box and ird & bk are very old so could not possibly be charged to anyone.

how is this possible?? any light shed on the matter would be helpfull

Will the VOD enable the cc to find out the location due to movies being purchased on MAC address which is paired to box, thus the real owner recieving a bill, or worse still, cancelled subscription, which they are going to get a bill....just a thought....I think it's the same as the sky9, sky 10 method, different frequencies or something like that, no need to have a card working, just boxkey, ird and pin set and you got these 2 channels without a working fun fix...worth looking into, I'm sure @TBC, @Benny & @Nozzer will elate a bit more on this subject.

It'll work till they attempt to bill someone,once it dont get paid then the box will be blacklisted probably.
You may get a few months out of it?

The VOD works without a card due to my mate has VOD with tb cut and is waiting on his trader to do his card, which the trader has got. and he watchs movies every night from VOD

The VOD works without a card due to my mate has VOD with tb cut and is waiting on his trader to do his card, which the trader has got. and he watchs movies every night from VOD

so you are saying he has 'no talkback enabled' but still has VOD?? i thought this would be impossible cause you need a feed back?

Has Anyone Actually Had A Box Blacklisted Due To Tb Being Enabled?

yeah i know and it hits you more in the face when you see the dam thing working. Ive opened the box up and had a look and can't get my head around it because the tb is cut. error message comes up when you don't have the card in but put in any card eg blocked rom card. and vod only works no other channels. i asked for info on this topic before but did not get that much response from the big guns

yeah i know and it hits you more in the face when you see the dam thing working. Ive opened the box up and had a look and can't get my head around it because the tb is cut. error message comes up when you don't have the card in but put in any card eg blocked rom card. and vod only works no other channels. i asked for info on this topic before but did not get that much response from the big guns

SO YOU HAVE HAD A BLACKLISTED BOX ,EVEN THOUGH THE TB HAS BEEN CUT???

so no one got any idea then why this is happening? i know that having talkback enabled allows the box to have VOD but like i say i thought you needed a valid account to use the service?

i mean this box is years old so it cant be activated to any account or be valid on there system in any way at all so how come it still lets me have VOD? yet wont allow me to enter the PIN for the normal movie channels?

I Don't Doubt Its Possible , But Ive Seen A Few Boxes That Have Been Running For Years And The Tb Has Never Been Disabled.. How Can They Kill The Box??? Or Is It Just The Card They Kill???

thats good they should do it to his box then he can stop rubbing it in my face:roflmao:

if the box has been blacklisted

then the only way to get it going again is to clone another box's ird and bk

and stick them on the blacklisted 1

if the box has been blacklisted

then the only way to get it going again is to clone another box's ird and bk

and stick them on the blacklisted 1

has anyone ever heard seen or had a blacklisted box ?? {dont confuse blacklisted in the e/menu with the box being knocked off the system by the cc}--"re-program the card and the box will be ok again

all the years in this game ive never known a single box to get killed or blacklisted by the cc {cards yes, "in there hundreds possibly thousands}

the cc's dont appear to blacklist ird's and bk's {otherwise the oldest public
known ird and bk would have been blacklisted years ago {namely the ird+bk in the testsim hexs}

Back