How fit are you

Jackel

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just played 90 mins first time in about 3 years i am fu78ed doesnt take much we played a bunch of kids 18 - 23 they took the piss basically, but it was a good run out. So how fit do you think you are compared to 10 years ago. i know i will be walking like ive been bummed tomorrow lol.

I would say I am pretty unfit. I am not overweight but just not fit, ffs I was knackered weeding the garden today. No way could I do 90 minutes. I do a health and fitness test every year at work and they always ask me how much exercise I do and I reply absolutely nowt, they then tell me I should do exercise but when I do the tests I am reasonable at them but I know I am unfit.

I used to play for newcastle youth team 15 year ago and last year i joined a 5 aside team with my local I had to quit as I couldnt last the 4 20min games a night

so im really unfit thing is im not over weight and look like I still gym think i drink to much lol this summer I promised my self a gym card first thing on my list tommorraaaaaaaaaa

Thats it your not overweight but just unfit i was getting pains up my left arm and calling for the nebulizer 30 mins in, lol bunch of scrotes though didnt like it when we started going in hard.

I always think of myself as being fit (other people may say differently).

At the beginning of the year, I joined the local gym, and had been going roughly three times per week until I went on holiday a few weeks ago.
I'll need to start going back again.

I also bought a Mountain Bike a couple of months ago which I use to cycle to work (weather/time/& attitude permitting).

My latest fitness challenge is to tackle Britains highest mountain on Monday (Ben Nevis).
So if you don't hear from me after Tues, then I've perished, & will most probably be lying in a pulp somewhere being picked over by gulls & eagles :)

i'm no bad

gotta have some degree of fitness for being a lifeguard but when i comes to football 3 hours solid is the best i've done i was completely shattered! i couldnt move for 3 days lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

10 years ago I could ride 100 miles/day on my bike in half a day. Now it takes me half a day to build up the motivation to get out there and ride 100 yards.

ten yrs ago when i was in the army i could have ran 25 mile without bothering, 10 yrs of heavy drinking later i'm knackered walking up the steps to the toilet lol

Used to run every place when I was a kid so was always fit. Then I started to abuse my body & brain with huge amounts of alcoholic beverages : spook :

I joined a gym last year and got myself fairly fit again. I.e. good lung capacity and muscle tone but I've not been for weeks.

It's amazing how long it takes you to get fit and how quickly to get unfit.

I'm not as unfit as I was a year ago. Joined a Sunday league side in the hope of losing some weight. When I first joined I quite literally couldn't walk after about 30 minutes of training (my legs were like jelly). However I can now last a 90 minute game albeit I will get knackered, but I still struggle to keep up with some of the younger quicker players.

im so unfit i had to blow the candles out one at a time on my last birthday cake.:Cry:

Just played 90 mins first time in about 3 years i am fu78ed doesnt take much we played a bunch of kids 18 - 23 they took the piss basically, but it was a good run out. So how fit do you think you are compared to 10 years ago. i know i will be walking like ive been bummed tomorrow lol.

lol depends if ya dont do that much excersise then u do get f**ked lol

I always think of myself as being fit (other people may say differently).

At the beginning of the year, I joined the local gym, and had been going roughly three times per week until I went on holiday a few weeks ago.
I'll need to start going back again.

I also bought a Mountain Bike a couple of months ago which I use to cycle to work (weather/time/& attitude permitting).

My latest fitness challenge is to tackle Britains highest mountain on Monday (Ben Nevis).
So if you don't hear from me after Tues, then I've perished, & will most probably be lying in a pulp somewhere being picked over by gulls & eagles :)

Which route you going up m8? If it's the tourist route, no problem.

One hell of a challenge is going up over Carn Mor Dearg and onto ben nevis that way. Hell of a challenge but well worth it though, fantastic day.

Which route you going up m8? If it's the tourist route, no problem.

Yep, the tourist route for starters, there's a great map HERE.

I'm planning for 4 hours up & 3.5 hours back down.
There's every chance I'll do it in less though.

I used to do a bit of hillwalking with the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme when I was at school, so I kinda know what to expect.

More than likely I'll be soaked, freezing, and blown to bits, but if I can reach the summit & come down again in one piece, under my own steam sometime mid-afternoon, then I'll have achieved my goal :)

still pretty for my age i guess, play 5 aside twice a week. Just recently decided to try and get fitter as i tended to kick the younger lads more than i was getting the ball off them as i tired. Decided to take up jogging for the 1st time in 15 years and managed 4 mile on my 1st run, was well happy

That's about good time, Love spending time in that part of the world. Was up there couple of weeks ago. One of the few times i've had where it's been two full days of glorious sunshine. Was a fantastic night camping as well.

Here's Ben Nevis taken from the Glen Nevis side, path runs up that smaller hill on the left. Hope you have a good un :)

Back