CD & DVD How do u burn brrips to dvd disc

bambam

Inactive User
Reaction score
sozz if i hav posted in wrong section i didn't know where to post this.
I have noticed well recently the great quality brrips are. I understand wat brrips and hav notice on nzbz brrips. i hav found out u can burn these to dvd and play them on standlone dvd players and xbox 360 only if u hav a hd tv. my question is how do u burn brrips to a dvd disc. do i need to convert it 1st to a certain format or burn it rite away & wat burning tool is best 2 use to burn a brrip. any help or a link to a guide would be appreciated.

it all depends on the format the film has been converted to. to play hd on 360 you have to download in or convert to wmv. i think mkv can now be streamed if useing media center (not sure about this at the mo). but a standalone dvd player wont do hd unless it is a blue ray film. if you convert to dvd it wont be hd anymore.

Most of the BRRips I download are AVI,my dvd plays avi so all I do is open
Nero Burning Rom
Click DVD-ROM (iso)
New
Browse For File
Drag It Into Main Box
Burn

like I say dvd player has to support AVI playback

:)

it all depends on the format the film has been converted to. to play hd on 360 you have to download in or convert to wmv. i think mkv can now be streamed if useing media center (not sure about this at the mo). but a standalone dvd player wont do hd unless it is a blue ray film. if you convert to dvd it wont be hd anymore.

its true wat u said i think brrips r mainly in 480p not 720p as i just understood cause like u sed dvd players cant play in 720p. i got most of my info from this site Blu-Ray BRRip & BDRip - Two New XviD Formats | THE source for BitTorrent & P2P Tips, Tricks and Info. | FileShareFreak

it sezz that brrips doesn't need converting or dvd auhtoring is this rite and can b staright burnt to disc.

The format is the important thing. If the brrip is an AVI it's lost it's HD format anyways, and can be converted with convertxtodvd for playing in a normal DVD player.

A normal DVD player cannot play back HD video no matter if it's plugged into a HD tv or not.

If a brrip is a WMV or MKV odds on it's ether 720p or 1080i or 1080p these can still be converted with convertxtodvd but will turn out in standard DVD format not HD.

To play these in HD they will need to be converted to AVCHD disks to be burned onto a DVD blank, but these need to be played in a blu-ray player or PS3, they will not play in a DVD player.

You can get media players that will play HD format files straight off. Or if you have a PS3 or Xbox 360 you can stream to it using ps3mediastreamer. On the PS3 you can stream MKV files in full HD res (1080p) with DTS or Dolby 5.1 and keep all the quality and bitrate. I'm not sure what the capabilities of the xbox360 are as I havent got one.

Last edited:
Back