How do I remove capacitors Pace 4001 please?

Goosh

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there, I am trying to get the capacitors off a Pace 4001 but they won't budge. I am using a 30w soldering iron and applying heat to the capacitor legs on the underside of the board whilst I am gently wiggling the capacitor so it will free but there is no movement at all. I tried quickly melting the solder at the joint (still on the underside of the board) and even when that was melted there was no movement.

Is there a special technique for removing capacitors or special equipment?

Thanks

to call me an ameture when it comes to soldering /desoldering, is an insult to the word ameture, however, i think and i say think, u have to heat them off, like something similar to a blow torch......lol basically wot i mean is, u don't use a soldering iron.......................... hope that helps in a s round about way...

Your soldering iron is powerful enough to remove them mate.
Wipe the bit on a damp sponge first to get it clean, then apply a small amount of solder to the iron to help the heat flow.
Apply the iron until the joint starts to flow and gently ease one leg up. Repeat with the other leg. Note that there is solder on both sides of the board so enough heat is needed to cause the solder on both sides to flow.

Chookey

Back