How do i manually stop a recording and a timer recording?

jimbo2011

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I manually press record to record, I can just press recorfd then 1 to stop it when and were I wnat to - I think.

However, if you have set something to record automatically, and press record then 1 to stop recording, nothing happens.

I get what IS being recorded onscreen with a red clock symbol next to it. However, there is NO WAY to manually stop a recording from a timer.

I recorded Celebrity Mastermind at 1830 tonight, but could not change channel when it had ended, because it was still recording as it is set to overrun by a few minutes on each end. Please can someone also tell me how to change the settings so there is less overlap.

This is extremely frustrating - and BTW I am using Vix 3.0

Thanks.

Try going into the timers and then highlight the event press menu and the delete.

That deletes the timer not the recording .

Menu > Setup > System > Recording Settings
You will be able to individually change the before and after settings to your liking. Deafult is 3 prior and 5 after.

There IS a way to manually stop a recording, whether it be manually started or started via timer. Just press record again, select stop recording, then select the one you want to stop. You will have to manually stop all active recordings.

The reason why there is this extra layer is: you can have several simultaneous recordings and may not want to stop all recordings, just the one. I suppose there should be an option to stop all recordings. Will suggest it.

Menu > Setup > System > Recording Settings
You will be able to individually change the before and after settings to your liking. Deafult is 3 prior and 5 after.

There IS a way to manually stop a recording, whether it be manually started or started via timer. Just press record again, select stop recording, then select the one you want to stop. You will have to manually stop all active recordings.

The reason why there is this extra layer is: you can have several simultaneous recordings and may not want to stop all recordings, just the one. I suppose there should be an option to stop all recordings. Will suggest it.

Thanks. Also, as far as the Vix 3.0 image is concerned, how do I change the audio language settins (ke change the actual program), so that I can select "Narrative" for default language (ie Audio Description). This is not in the list so the ones that have AD do not auto detect this.

Which is the actual program on the box that needs changing/ There must be a .py or .pyo file that has all the languages in. I know this is off topic but it relates to Vix Imge changes.

Thanks again.

As for the recordings, I found that you had to press OK on the one you want to stop - but you get no message once you have done that telling you the recording has stopped.

Thanks.

I have asked on their forum for them to include the NAR in the list of languages.

To permanently stop timers.

Menu> timers> autotimers. you can then delete permanently or amend any autotimer you have set.

Back