How do I flash a dm8000?

IAmATeaf

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question?

I've got a dm8000 that I'm trying to setup for a friend but I've got no idea if it's a clone or an original, does anybody know how I find out? When it boots it flashes up bootloader 76# on the front display and currently has an old 2011 gemini 2 image installed.

I've done an online validation check and that passes to confirm that the box is an original, serial number, date of manufacturer and mac address match.

From the above I've sort of concluded that the box is an original but when I use the web interface to try and flash OpenPLi 3 I get as far as selecting the file, then pressing the flash button does nothing. I also don't know where to get an updated bootloader from.

I've been reading about the dm8000 since this morning thinking it would take me half an hour to setup but I'm still no further forward. So for example using the current image there is no crossepg or mgcamd on the online feeds. I got a copy of crossepg, FTP'ed it to /tmp but the local software installation option picks up nothing.

If anybody can help I'd really appreciate it.

Sorted it, it turned out to be Windows 8, which for some reason wouldn't allow me to flash. Tried flashing on a W7 laptop and now have the box running bootloader 84 and OpenPLi 3.

how much did that set your mate back out of interest?

Not too sure I believe him but he reckons it cost him £250 all in with a 1tb HDD, WiFi card etc included.

He got the box via his business contacts in China, he's had it for 6+ months, couldn't set it up so left it in a cupboard.

If I wasn't already sat box maxed out I'd have got him to order me one.

Holy crap that does sound good

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Back