House Prices....

countryboy said:
how about just getting them a real good education . through uni then they will be able to buy thier own homes no problem . i find most the people complaining about the prices are the ones that didnt bother getting a good job or education ... not my gerneration but the younger ones ..

@ Country boy!!! DON'T get me started on students!!! See my new thread!!!

The ones who have done the best out of this are council tenants who bought council houses and got a nice fat dscount and then sell them back to the people who paid for them (the taxpayer) at 100-200k profit. I think it is disgusting that the profits on these houses were never capped.

Me and the GF went to buy an ex council house 2 years ago at £169K the sellers had bought it ten years prior at 18K. I kid you not. We didnt buy it.

House prices are set to increase again for the next 2 years. I can bet that peoples wages dont reflect the increase in house costs ! If you aint got a house now , then it is going to be very difficult in the future.

If you think it's bad now, wait until you've stretched yourself thinner than clingfilm only to find the interest rates going through the roof.

has anyone here heard of inside track. i got some info posted from them a couple of years ago. it says give up work and become a property developer. they invite you to goto their free workshop. they said 1 man aquired £200k in property and he only used £350.00 of his own money. havent got a clue how. what do you make of it?

scam

invest the money in them then get people to invest their money in you

dazdisco said:
House prices are set to increase again for the next 2 years. I can bet that peoples wages dont reflect the increase in house costs ! If you aint got a house now , then it is going to be very difficult in the future.

Try FIFTY percent in the next 6 years...

I don't think the Inside Track thing is a pyramid scam. I think you have to pay them a consultancy fee for information that is mostly free and common sense.

You can build up a portfolio of property if you're clever at getting mortgage lenders to stump up loans and are lucky in finding property that you can buy cheap and sell at a significant profit.

The problem is the risk of losing big time if you get it wrong - you can find yourself with a turkey of a property that no-one wants and costing a fortune in mortgage interest.

Floydian said:
You can build up a portfolio of property if you're clever at getting mortgage lenders to stump up loans and are lucky in finding property that you can buy cheap and sell at a significant profit.

and you can only do that if your income matches the amount they require for a particular mortgage. the only way you'll make a significant profit is if you spend thousands renovating/refubishing a property before you sell it so in the end your profit isnt much anyway.

I am surprised that everyone has mentioned house prices.....
We'll,
The price of tents are coming down. I suggest we all live in tents and spend rest of our money on pure entertainmant.

P.S

Entertainment: Can be found in the Entertainments Tent...

I would mention the Caravan but's it's the wheels that let it down....

: shocked2
Flapjack

uproar said:
and you can only do that if your income matches the amount they require for a particular mortgage. the only way you'll make a significant profit is if you spend thousands renovating/refubishing a property before you sell it so in the end your profit isnt much anyway.

nah if you know a dodgy brooker you can get anything you want .. and like me have a bro-in-law how own his own construction business .. that helps :Clap:

getting the mortgage is the easy bit, its making the f'ckin payments is the hard bit, the lenders just sit back rubbing there hands waiting for u to f'ck up..:(

People I just thought I,d join in in the rant,but call me thick if ya want,I bought my house last year, and this year the market price based on neighbors selling up,my house value has risen 100% and reading some one thread above unless i have percieved it wrong?I can go back to building society and release the equity to pay of my mortgage early?I have a tracker repayment,not an endowment...
I know this is a rant,don,t mean to hijack,but i don,t know any one living in my area who could afford to by a house at my price on their wages.
My house is worth in the regions of £140k meaning a joint annual income of £46k(single is out of the question)
I don,t even know anyone who earns £46k a year...
Which leaves first time buyer the the choice of co ownership or move to the remotest place you can find?
I do believe its cheaper to build your own..

the problem with house prices now guys, is every body thinks no matter who they are or how much they earn, everybody thinks they should own their own home, have a brand new car all the electrical gadgets available on the market, thats why theres so much hysteria and obsession driving the house market through the roof, which im not saying is wrong, we all need a leg up its just the times were living in, going back to when my mother bought her first house you were expected to pay at least half of you wages if you wanted a mortgage, she never even had carpets for years never mind a car, its just gone a full circle some of us were lucky to get on when we did.

FlapJack said:
I am surprised that everyone has mentioned house prices.....
We'll,
The price of tents are coming down. I suggest we all live in tents and spend rest of our money on pure entertainmant.

P.S

Entertainment: Can be found in the Entertainments Tent...

I would mention the Caravan but's it's the wheels that let it down....

: shocked2
Flapjack

we might bloody have to if the council tax keeps going up

Back