New build house

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So my bro has just bought a david wilson new build, they added a media point in the living room, tv points in kitchen, 2 bedrooms and left all the cables in the loft. He was going to just get someone to fit a freeview aerial ~£90 average quotes and then get sky to come install in living room but having gone for a walk down some of the streets the installs are pretty nasty. I mean all the houses are newly built and then to come put white shotgun cable down the front and side just looks horrible!

I said to him it should be possible to move the TV points and connect, triax triplex modules and whack a 5in8 out multiswitch in the loft, would this work? House is pre cabled for Virgin and BT Fibre to property but nothing is connected until you subscribe.

The way im thinking is instead of having just freeview my option would give him freeview plus 1 sky feed. Might be an issue in front room if he has sky+ box but having said that iv not opened up the media plate which is just 2double sockets and tv point and telephone jack with a few blanks... Definatley got 8 cables in the loft. SKYQ is just too much money.

Any thoughts or suggestions

Zgemma H2H running off Virgin Media broadband for downstairs, Run an Ethernet lead upstairs to a network switch and then run Ethernet cables to each bedroom. You can then run single tuner Zgemma cable boxes such as the LC in each bedroom as required.

Expect to pay around £170 for the H2H including line, £120 per single tuner box including line. 2nd year costs are generally £40-£50 per box for a further 12 month line.

Don't forget to factor in £40 or so a month for 200mb VM broadband.

I fitted an aerial in a loft yesterday in a new build house, used a three way splitter to the cables that were already in the loft. I charged £55 including the Triax Aerial, great signal on all three points around the house.

Back