House Prices....

capcomind

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me how the feck am I ever gonna get rid of my kids??

The average house price where i live is £130k, and the average salary is £22K, bearing in mind that 3.5 * 22k = 77k that makes em about 53k short....

I'm feckin' doomed i tell ya......

I'm gonna emigrate, then send 'em back as assylum seekers,they wont be able to return 'cause they'll be in fear of their lives, that way the government will give 'em a house!!(LOL)

But seriously, since when has a pile of bricks, wood and wire been worth so much? and I live in a cheap part of the country.

If the Tories hadn't decided to give all of the council housing stock away and tell evryone how great it is to pay for your own maintenance, we wouldn't all be mortgaged to the hilt and looking to make a fast buck at every turn.

capcomind said:
Can anyone explain to me how the feck am I ever gonna get rid of my kids??

The average house price where i live is £130k, and the average salary is £22K, bearing in mind that 3.5 * 22k = 77k that makes em about 53k short....

I'm feckin' doomed i tell ya......

I'm gonna emigrate, then send 'em back as assylum seekers,they wont be able to return 'cause they'll be in fear of their lives, that way the government will give 'em a house!!(LOL)

But seriously, since when has a pile of bricks, wood and wire been worth so much? and I live in a cheap part of the country.

If the Tories hadn't decided to give all of the council housing stock away and tell evryone how great it is to pay for your own maintenance, we wouldn't all be mortgaged to the hilt and looking to make a fast buck at every turn.

I know wat your saying my mum was saying the same thing to me, that how am i gonna affford a house, i need to earn atleast 30-35k to own a house, maybe abit more. doooooooooomed m8! The only option is renting a flat, but you just waste your money in renting because the flat/house your rent won't be yours at the end. :-(

thing is even if you manage to have bought a house cheep a few years ago you try selling and moving to a better area . i just put my name down for a new build. and they contact us to tell when the release date is . then get this .. we need to bring £2000 as a deposit and thats before i secure the mortage . . i seen the papers saying we are heading for the japaness style 100 year fixed term . gr8 when i die i wanted to leave my kids the house . but not the last final 50 years repayments to go with it :Chainsaw:

@tlogic, Renting offers a lot of plusses, sure the house / flat isn't yours @ the end, however, if you loose your jjob the gov't pick up the bill, you don't have to pay most of the maintenance costs, you can move whenever you feel to a better area or to a better job.. it costs nearly 10k on top of the advertised price every time you move if you own a house compared with a few hundred if you rent. Housing associations seem like a reasonable idea... have you tried one??

countryboy said:
thing is even if you manage to have bought a house cheep a few years ago you try selling and moving to a better area . i just put my name down for a new build. and they contact us to tell when the release date is . then get this .. we need to bring £2000 as a deposit and thats before i secure the mortage . . i seen the papers saying we are heading for the japaness style 100 year fixed term . gr8 when i die i wanted to leave my kids the house . but not the last final 50 years repayments to go with it :Chainsaw:

I plan on spending the the lot before I go... They'd only argue over it!!

The British have this obsession with owning their homes, which means they spend almost all of their working lives aquiring an asset that is going to benefit someone else when they die. Most Europeans and a significant number of Americans are quite happy to rent their homes no matter what their social status.

(As for the kids. Arrange a surprise holiday for them. Move house while they're away) :Devil: :Devil:

its an investment m8 . i live in a 4 bedroom . moving to a 6 room .in a few years my family will all have grown up and buggered off i then sell this monster of a house buy a wee bungalo me and the mrs enjoy the profits and still leave them somthing when we kick it

We were one of the lucky ones, we bought in 2000, 4bed end of terrice 3 storey with a garage. I payed £49k for it, my next door neighbour sold only a few weeks back for £254k (the house is excatly the same as ours) ITS FECKING CRAZY. When we bought housing market in this area was stagnant, only weeks later the prices went through the roof. I really feel sorry for anyone buying at the moment, i think its become over inflated and WILL eventually crash and burn especially with all the stealth taxes the govenment are adding on to general living.

As for renting in the uk, i dont know about the country you live in but to rent here is generally more expensive than buying, my brother rents a 2bed house and it costs him £1200 pm, and it will only ever go up in cost, my mortgage was at highest £400pm (now its £250) and it drops over time plus you get the added bonus of owning it at the end. If you have the means i would always recomend buying never renting its dead money!. or better still stay at your parents house i wish i did lol

Houses in Chicken Soup to be avoided methinks ! Where are you located?

Owning a house is far better than renting its not an obsession its common sense. Let your kids sort themselves out, most of us do eventually.

What ages are they ?

we bought out house 4 years ago 37.5k less my discount got the house for 22.5k and 7.5k on top to do windows and change heating system etcso got a mortgage for 29.970k now they are selling for more than 115k.

i know what you mean about the kids mine are 16 and 15 and i have told them they have to get a good job to be able to buy a house, car and have a family. Think what they may do is stay with us till they are old enough to collect there pension and then if they save maybe then they will able to buy a house.

It's a total and they are just gonna get higher and higher. I have been renting since 1995 and me and the missus tried to get a mortgage last year - no f00king chance. Even so, i was not willing to pay the price. Were only a small island and way over populated so demand outweighs the supply, and we still let every Tom, Dick and Harry here..

When i win the lottery, hopefully soon im on a one way ticket out this shitehole. It's a country for the rich now, a very rich man's world while we paupers have not got a chance in hell..

Remeber the Great Depression, a single bloke earning could put a roof over his own family and feed it, now we can only just manage with TWO incomes coming in - what a joke.

Got a letter of HA about shared ownership, need a 75K mortgage, plus rent of £180 a month and that's not including bills - FFS, can't even do that..

Come on God, give me these numbers ;)

dont start me off im on a shitty £16500 a year got rid of the girlfriend cos she was doin my head in and had to move back with my parrents i cant get a place with the councill or anything because i actually earn a living rather than having 15 kids and a heroin adiction and i carnt get a morgage big enought to buy anything biger than a tent maybe i should get high as a kite tell the council i come from afganistan and thell give me somware to live

GEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DONT F**KIN START ME ON THIS SUBJECT

I think Stu C has the answer, I'll let my daughters get preggas, encoursge them to take drugs and kick em out, the council will be forced to give em lodgings!!!

BTW The oldest ones are 15 and 17......

how about just getting them a real good education . through uni then they will be able to buy thier own homes no problem . i find most the people complaining about the prices are the ones that didnt bother getting a good job or education ... not my gerneration but the younger ones ..

countryboy said:
how about just getting them a real good education . through uni then they will be able to buy thier own homes no problem . i find most the people complaining about the prices are the ones that didnt bother getting a good job or education ... not my gerneration but the younger ones ..

by the time they pay for uni they wont be able to get a house, especially since house prices are going up and up. My local authority is selling off its council houses.

There was a meeting last saturday telling you if you are a council tenant and you agree to the selling off the houses the association that is buying them is offering incentives, new kitchens, new fireplaces, new bathrooms, new fencing, new internal doors, double glazing etc etc etc, my answer is how much rent are they going to charge people (not me mind, as i have my house) eg, the elderly, the long term unemployed and disabled, single parents, people on low incomes and also how long are you going to have to wait for the refurbishments.

we need competition in all areas to keep prices low and in my opinion a housing association cannot do that and i would not touch them with a barge pole, if it came down it i would buy a caravan and become a gypsy, anyone got a garden i can share.....

@ Tach babe... There are some alotments at the back of my house, You could probably get one for £20 / year, there are taps so water isn't a problem, just the llecky and the cable for the modem e.t.c.... I could see you right for a couple of quid!!LOL

I think for younger generations like myslef, the only way we could afford a house is if we buy a house with a few mates. It pisses me right off, i remember my grandad was paying 50 quid a month morgage on their three bedroom house, what happened to those days.

spins in roundabouts, we got our first house 5 or so years back cost us 27 grand at the time(houses where cheaper a few years ago), (not a particulaly good area)but you have to start somewhere. we sold it 3 years later @ 39 grand (profit whohoo). we then bought a house where we are from and at present these houses are selling for 110 grand and steadily going up because of the area. why? because its now a big student area and landlords are buying a lot of houses which in turn makes the prices go up further. plus a lot of redevelopment of the area over the next couple of years will increase it further.

so you see its not all bad news for some of us... my suggestion is they,ll have to buy away from where they want to be if they want to get on the ladder.. many people including us couldnt afford in our area... buy further a field leave it a few years sell at profit which then means you have a big deposit then they,ll be able to buy with the max ammount the morgage company will lend them.

77k morgage plus the profit from sale of the out of area property = house in the area they want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back