Hotpoint washing machine

cadtomo

Inactive User
Reaction score
A word of warning!!!

I fitted a new door handle to the washing machine the other day, my wife was over the moon having her washer back, anyway doing it's first cycle it took ages to finnish and when it did the door lock was still luminated, at this stage i thought i had fooked up fitting the handle, but then i noticed that water was still in the bowl, the wife then put it another cycle and more water filled the drum and i got a smell of burning, it got stronger and stronger then smoke started coming from the washer, i unplugged it straight away, and started to investigate, firstly i took the filter out of the bottom to get rid of the water, as i was doing that i noticed the water pump was red hot, and i found a hair grip stuck in the pump, so i think waht's happend is the pump was jammed but the motor was still trying to turn, i was pretty p1ssed off as to why the machine didnt stop on it's own or my electric didnt trip, if we were out then god knows waht would of happend.......
The moral of this story is tell your missus to check pockets before putting things in the washer or it could prove very costly indeed...

Back