Home CCTV Software?

i thought asking for reps and havin a sig with a message about reps wasnt aloud ?

with the pico 2000 system u can connect upto 16 cameras which may be of interest to bally but u will still need 4 pico cards installed,ive been using it with 2 cameras for a few years now and its been great on a number of occasions neighbors have had problems and if theres something on camera i stick it on a cd the police have been very grateful leading to a conviction on 1 occasion, but get decent cameras otherwise its pointless, theres plenty of 2nd hand ones on ebay try baxall theyre good

digidude said:
just a quick note to say, the trusted sellers list and rep system is for people who have bought something, cash exchange for goods m8, you can leave a thank you rep point by clicking the symbol next to the online indicator under the persons avatar

dd

Aint the whole point of reps for people to thank you if you helped them etc. Trusted sellers list is something different to this, well as far as I know it is.

smirnoff_rules said:
i thought asking for reps and havin a sig with a message about reps wasnt aloud ?

Why not? I asking people for reps anyway, im just saying if I have helped you in any way dont forget to show your appreciation by leaving reps.

Loads of other forums and sites have rep system which are a way of saying thank you for helping etc.

i agree m8 just l had a sig like yours and they cut from my sig some time back

gritz said:
with the pico 2000 system u can connect upto 16 cameras which may be of interest to bally but u will still need 4 pico cards installed,ive been using it with 2 cameras for a few years now and its been great on a number of occasions neighbors have had problems and if theres something on camera i stick it on a cd the police have been very grateful leading to a conviction on 1 occasion, but get decent cameras otherwise its pointless, theres plenty of 2nd hand ones on ebay try baxall theyre good

Alot people have problems with the Pico2000 software apprantly its pirated and not supported any more. Im currently using the video in on my DVB-T Card which allows one composite input and one s-video input.

The camera system is I have is a micromark system which is connected to a 2way timer thing which switches the cameras automatically.

I looked at baxall cameras on ebay they quite cheap but dont come with lense which is weird and I dont understand. Do you know what type of connection they are?

I might just buy the 4input DVR card of ebay most of them use Pico I think. Then just connect my exsisting camera with BNC adapter.

My cousin has Pico system but I need to go to Wolves and set it up for him lol but would love to see some screenshots etc. I think Active Webcam works very well even though it took over 3hours to convert 9hours of footage to mpeg. Needs to be on the fly recording. It has a nice web interface too.

I have waffled on long enough, time to do some work lol

Hi Guys been using a system from this company for a number of years now. I think there prices will come down again. www.digital-cybermasters.co.uk could give you some good ideas. The company have just been taken over so some of the links are not working.. Keep an eye on the sight for the future

Thanks for the link, had a look at it and looks nice to use but I have this thing about buying software lol... The system im using at the moment is working well...

I use the pico 2000 software on 8 cams at my work its been working fine for me for over a year now.If i can help you with the software let me know.Video i usable for convictions not like a crap time lapse video recording

Last edited:
c9679 said:
I have PICO2000 something with a DVR card setup, 4 cameras connected offers motion detection and recording its quite good however its a little awkward to use as its in Chinese and I cant find an english version :(
you have to run the english patch its on the CD m8

Theiving B*stards

Interesting thread- I've just had the jackpoints nicked from my side-skirts on my car sitting on my driveway and am looking to do something with the x2 pcs in my house to hopefully hook up at least x1 camera and record onto HD.

found the pico software- will give it a shot!!
Glasgows lovely suburb of Ruchill- aint so nice.

Motion sensors on the cams- I like the sound of that
Do you need to buy a particular type of camera or p.i.r.?
Any advice??
Its gotta be cheaper than the £250 quoted to me by some dodgy alarm company.

Last edited:
Back