Home CCTV Software?

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have finally got my CCTV hooked up to my PC using Active Webcam 7.3 :Clap:

Works well and can even access the stream online, but just wondering if anyone else uses any other software or methods?

I have PICO2000 something with a DVR card setup, 4 cameras connected offers motion detection and recording its quite good however its a little awkward to use as its in Chinese and I cant find an english version :(

Theres meant to be a english patch for it on the cd somewhere. Does it allow you to view your cameras online eg. http://your.ip.com:8080?

Just been googling and found Pico2000 and english pack.exe so if you need it let me know.

Going to test this now and see how it is :)

Lol, I searched for it for ages and couldnt find the english version, im pretty sure it does have the online facility but as its all in Chinese I just about managed to figure out the recording lol, I didnt get a cd with it unfortunately i downloaded something which said it was the english version but it just came up with weird characters instead of english in the menus...

I once set it up so that my webcam recorded whenever it detected motion. That was pretty cool. But I installed it then realised I had no use for it.

c9679 said:
Lol, I searched for it for ages and couldnt find the english version, im pretty sure it does have the online facility but as its all in Chinese I just about managed to figure out the recording lol, I didnt get a cd with it unfortunately i downloaded something which said it was the english version but it just came up with weird characters instead of english in the menus...

I have the english patch if you want it...

TheWakeUpCall said:
I once set it up so that my webcam recorded whenever it detected motion. That was pretty cool. But I installed it then realised I had no use for it.

Its only handy if your using for CCTV, my setup records my driveway from 23:00 to 08:00 daily

Hmmm 4.8 GB for 01h:30m of recording with active webcam using .AWLive might have to try the avi or mpeg settings.

Thanks mate, didnt even know we had reps on here, but I think I have added it for you, dont know how to check??? :)

Yeh had reps for quite awhile lol (read sig) Just changed my settings for Active Webcam to record using mpeg as using the .awlive format ended up using 28.5gb for 9hours of recording.

Going to try the same record with my new settings and see what the file size is 2mw.

Cool, thanks :) have my reps gone on for you??? Goodluck with the recordings

Trouble is everytime you want cctv to be recorded your computer has to be switched on so its only usefull if you position your webcam near a window to record outside of your property because any thief who breaks in would either deleted the video files/photos or steal the computer.

Im using home cctv by Micromark which is mounted on each side of the house, hooked up to a pc hidden away in a built wardrobe and is used as a server. Im only using it to protect my driveway and the outisde of my property.

A couple of weeks ago someone smahsed the wing mirror of my mums Merc whilst parked outside our house, looks like they hit with a small hammer or something but cus the CCTV was conneted didnt manage to see when or who did it...

Will be adding one more camera soon in our porch which will be a wirelss colour 0lux to make sure I dont miss a thing :)

Ive got similar problems, the house hasnt ever been burgled so far we just get problems with lousy school kids and tramps vandalising... Someone tryed to nick my Merc wheels didnt notice the locking nut, removed all the others and then left the wheel hanging on with just the special locking nut... Some kids threw eggs at my mums Range Rover, and someone pulled of the side mirror of my sisters MR2 and my boxster had its tyres let down...

Same sort of reason why im using this now, for the last year or so more and more incidents are happening in our area which is mostly full of OAPs. The police actually advised my neighbour whos car got broke into 3times to leave his doors open and keep the car empty so his locks wouldnt keep getting damaged. Apprantly Peugeots are the easiest cars to break into.

Also he said something that made a lot of sense, which was people from poorer or council estate areas who need quick cash wont commit crime in their own area instead come to the nice quiet areas where OAPs live etc.

The funny thing is that thought never crosses your mind until it happens to you, the majority of my neighbours on my street probably think it wouldnt happen to them but these days the crimes are commited by all age groups, for all types of reasons and in all types of areas.

Once I get my system sorted properly I would like to extend it to few of my neighbours house using Wireless IP Cameras.

Cool so your setting up your own neighbourhood watch... The stupid thing is we actually have a neighbourhood watch just 5 doors away its just at the corner of our road they dont watch anything and do nothing, just give you stickers to stick on your windows... Its more lousy idiots here who have nothing better to do than cost other people money, just have miserable pathetic lives themselves so they feel better costing others money, not really thefts just damaging things... I dragged some school kids throwing stones at windows and eggs at the neighbours houses and our house to the school and told the headmaster and reported it to the police, no one did anything at all about it, the police just told them off and let them go and the school did nothing neither didnt even involve the parents

c9679 said:
Cool so your setting up your own neighbourhood watch...
Not setting up a neighbourhood watch but just more of proof on concept with a few of my good neighbours to show others that security can be setup cheapily and effectly.

Just checked the Program Log for Active Webcam and going to take just over 3hours to encode to mpeg after recording has stopped which is not good, I was hoping it would do it on the fly.

16/07/2006 23:00:00, Camera 1: Recording started by scheduler.
17/07/2006 08:00:01, Camera 1: Recording stopped by scheduler.
17/07/2006 08:00:10, Camera 1: Video encoding estimated time: 3h.8m.47s.

bally12345 said:
Email sent, dont forget to leave reps :)

just a quick note to say, the trusted sellers list and rep system is for people who have bought something, cash exchange for goods m8, you can leave a thank you rep point by clicking the symbol next to the online indicator under the persons avatar

dd

Back