Home Brew Equipment and kits at least 50% off instore at tesco

LMAO

I've got half my bottles but might get more than 30 so I can run another batch as they are 30 bottle kits.

I'm thinking of turning a large cardboard box into something to put the fermenting bin in. Hopefully it will be insulating and a couple of plastic bags in case of leaks. It might help keep the temperature stable and a little higher than the room, apparently the yeast heats the mixture up a little.

also invest in a brew belt about £20,if your room temp fluctuates the brew belt will keep the brew
at a constant heat

heres me sayin you need to invest in a brew belt when i havnt invested in one yet lol

The room seems to be over 21C most of the time, I'll see how I go :).

Bit paranoid about leaving something capable of generating heat plugged in.

Argh, stuff has been in neighbours since Friday :'(.

Wouldn't be the first time I've inadvertently warehoused stuff there. I wish couriers would leave cards, I'm not psychic.

I seem to have two plastic clips in here, one red and one white. What do these do?

these clips could be for the syphon tube to hold it onto the bin

red-clip-for-syphon-tube-for-rigid-tube--289-p%5Bekm%5D200x266%5Bekm%5D.jpg

That's the one :).

I still can't figure out the other one :S. It's got a hole in it.

No mate, I'll take a picture tomorrow. It was in the bottom of the big bin.

If you imagine a flat plastic piece shaped a bit like a key but the bit that goes into the lock is wider with straight sides. The hole is about 12mm diameter and the surrounding plastic about 3mm. There is what looks like a clip for a tube on the "bit that would go into the lock".

I'm sure it would have been easier to turn my other PC on and take a picture :D.

the brewbuddy kits are reduced too £7.99, if anyone missed them the last time.

dont know if anything else is reduced, will check when im in tesco tonight if i get a chane

Careful with the fermenting temperatures at the minute.

I'm having to cool my bin as it was heading to over 30C in an ambient of ~23C. These fast yeasts create a lot of heat and you don't want to damage the yeast :(.

Careful with the fermenting temperatures at the minute.

I'm having to cool my bin as it was heading to over 30C in an ambient of ~23C. These fast yeasts create a lot of heat and you don't want to damage the yeast :(.

You can make a fermentation chamber from a under the counter fridge hooked up to a thermostat for use in the summer.

the brewbuddy kits are reduced too £7.99, if anyone missed them the last time.

dont know if anything else is reduced, will check when im in tesco tonight if i get a chane

Why is the offer back on then?

AH gutted.

last time they reduced all the homebrew stock, they reduced the youngs homebrew kit a few weeks before. so they might do that again this time.

its worth price checking some stuff if your in doing your shopping.

I'll start another proper thread to document what I've done but I think things are to plan :).

Seems fermentation was rather fast, energetic on Friday and Saturday. SG is about 0.998 today and the temperature of the liquid is 23C with an ambient of about 22C.

I bought some emergency yeast yesterday in case the 30C had damaged the original yeast but it seems that it's OK. I had a conversation with the learned bloke that runs a nearby homebrew shop and he told me how to rescue "stuck fermentations" if needed. Apparently you can't just chuck any old yeast in because it won't do it's thing if there is already alcohol present. You need a very robust yeast or you make something called a starter bottle which is another litre of the same wine to add to your 23l when it is active.

I'll be more careful with the measurements next time. I have noted the SGs and temperatures though which I'll plot in Excel to compare with the next lot, it seems the SG curve is sigmoid.

I wonder if I could automate this using sensors and a PIC or something, and network it...

Back