iPhone HMM 6.1.1 4s - JB and Unlock before Network unlock

neorage

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Right being the impatient bastard i am ..

got me an iphone 4s currently pending an factroy unlock from orange.

now was only initiated today so i got a 7-14day wait..

now do i JB and unlock with software or just wait... and if i so what implications will i have ?

its currently uptodate with latest ios so i will have to downgrade the baseband iirc...

suggestions in a reply thanks

Can't downgrade the firmware or baseband on a 4s
So you will have to wait for your unlock
It will be safe to jailbreak it tho in the mean time

no point doing the jailbreak yet as wont be able to do anything lol...

wasnt sure if i could just get by for now.. oh weel just have to wait or get an orange chip.......

Still jailbreak it and use it over wifi.
Install apps and games etc

only problem is need to wipe phone to do an unlock so would achieve nothing lol

why would you need to wipe the phone? if your having it factory unlocked you just connect the phone to itunes and you will get a message saying "congatulations your phone is now unlocked"

why would you need to wipe the phone? if your having it factory unlocked you just connect the phone to itunes and you will get a message saying "congatulations your phone is now unlocked"

ah i was under the impression from the apple site that the phone would be restored prior to unlock.

ive yet to wipe the phone so i still have some use out of it.. was the mother in laws so its activated just without sim and didn't want to render it useless while waiting for the unlock

When I had my iPhone 4 handset unlocked, i was told I had to do a restore in iTunes. I didn't get any service until i did. Luckily it didn't matter to much for me as i was upgrading the iOS version/JB at the time.

Back