iPhone 6.0.1 > 6.1.2 Jailbreak Released (Get it Here) & Tutorial on How To!

Re: 6.1 Jailbreak Released (Get it Here) & Tutorial on How To!

i wish i had waited before updating from 5.1.1 but with the way things are now, like not being able to downgrade my 4s...... you have to jump on the band wagon before apple releases an update to patch the exploits.

the update to 6.1 and jailbreak went fine.
im just real dissapointed with the compatibility of cydia tweaks....i mean IOS 6 has been out some time now aswell as a tethered JB.
for me jailbreaking isnt all about getting free apps/games....its also about having the phone the way you would like it, IE themes, and little every day tweaks that personalises the phone to the way you want it.

ive not come across many tweaks tonight that work. i cant install themes because the tweaks needed wont work, im stuck with multitasking because multicleaner no longer works......iblacklist no longer works..... the list is endless.

but big respect goes out to the guys that bring these jailbreaks to us.
just hope somebody works on the 3rd party apps that makes jailbreaking fun.

Last edited:

is anyone having issue with getting installous working. i manage to download 5 but API error. any help

Installous is no longer supported the author removed the repo, you will need to find something else now.
I am in the same boat as you so im just doing some reading first.

Dave H

Use vShare, the only thing that comes close to Install0us for now

1st Post updated:

Version 1.1
~~~~~~~~~~~
- prevent Weather app from appearing on iPads.
- mitigated the long reboot issue.
- fix issue with not working after connecting multiple iOS devices
- fix blinking of the jailbreak instructions on OS X.
- codesigned Mac app.

UPDATE: Although it has been confirmed by @MuscleNerd that evasi0n would support Apple TV 2, it seems that it doesn’t. Based on earlier news from evad3rs team, we believed their jailbreak was compatible with Apple TV 2 when publishing the post just a few minutes after evasi0n went live. We are very sorry for causing confusion. We now have to wait for Seas0nPass to be updated with iOS 6.x support for Apple TV 2. We believe it won’t take long.

Last edited:

I like useing 'AppCake 3.6' but everythime i do an 'cydia installed' update it wants to remove AppCake???

well in my on going quest to find cydia tweaks that work on ios6....ive finaly found a way to kill multitasking apps (i hate multitasking)

i use to use multicleaner but that no longer works.
but ive found that combining "killbackground" along with "activator" you can kill all apps running in the background with a simple press of the home button

Well I've done a 3gs here, just a spare I have to play about with. it no longer picks up the carrier ?? on wifi no problem though

I dont have a scooby doo what to do to get free apps ect but will re read this once i've got a signal back

you lost your signal after jailbreaking it?
you should if tried going to settings / general / reset and reset network settings on your phone

Hi settings after rebooting see how you get on, have you tried resetting all settings - goto General/reset/allsettings also try the update to Evasi0n Mate

I started over and it's worked this time round, installed something called vshare ?? Dosent seem to want to download apps though so dont think that one works. Whats the easiest way to put apps on these things then ?

Re: 6.1 Jailbreak Released (Get it Here) & Tutorial on how To!

Updated with version 1.2

Those of you who had not been experiencing any major problems while jailbreaking or after jailbreaking should not re-jailbreak their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using evasion 1.2 as it does not bring major changes. But those of you who had been facing errors or are going to jailbreak their iOS device for the first time should download evasion 1.2 from the download links and jailbreak their device.

Evasion 1.2 disables over-the-air update, which can be quite useful if you do not want to lose your untethered jailbreak. Also, if you had some errors regarding timezone then you should download evasion 1.2

I started over and it's worked this time round, installed something called vshare ?? Dosent seem to want to download apps though so dont think that one works. Whats the easiest way to put apps on these things then ?

Vshare is hit and miss, have you tried appcake ?

anyone having issue with Vshare can download anything keep saying the source may have moved. i done re-jailbreak still same.

anyone having issue with Vshare can download anything keep saying the source may have moved. i done re-jailbreak still same.

Working fine for me, bit slow but otherwise fine.

Back