"Hits" and "Kills" from the CC's

dmm1000

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
Thought id run this past you - excuse large post – just trying to give as much background as possible :)

Its generally a question about how the CC companies “hit” or “kill” a card / blacklist a box (if at all)

I recently created a fun card for a friend – a box – Pace 4001N he bought on an auction site – Pure N** - so I cut the TB – this WAS done properly

Managed to obtain BK etc – but unusual about this box was that the easy AU Funcard method as has worked on my own same box did not work when creating the funcard

However C Senators method did work when I manually entered the keys

That was a couple of months ago
He came back to me saying things weren’t working after the latest key keyroll / change a couple of days ago - understandable - i think C Senators method is not AU

I have been tearing my hair out since the keyroll as every method I have tried of creating a funcard with updated keys for his 4001N box has failed
When you put the Card in it says “Please wait – updating settings this will take a while …” etc
However when that finished – if I go to an encrypted channel it says the “Smart Card Invalid” message always

In my several attempts at creating fun cards – I tried changing the Cam Id to different values

Now …… the question is has the CC company “hit” the box / card somehow - i dont see the encrypted channel for as much as a split second

Can they blacklist a box by disallowing Its usage based on the BK or the Cam ID ?
So for example no matter what type of card you create using a fun or whatever – the box will be “hit” based on its BK value or Cam ID value – This is my only conclusion – its like as if they send a kill command to any card in a a predefined list of boxes (do they have a database ?) with certain BK’s / Cam ID’s to the card if its inserted into a box with a certain cam id or BK value - then it will be "hit" instantly ? ?

If that is the case then this situation makes sense – can anyone on the board here help me make sense of this - by confirming above / or clarifying with your superior knowledge ?

Very unlikely your box has been blacklisted in this way. I would guess that you are simply doing something wrong during the card creation proccess. The "Smartcard Invalid" message nearly always indicates that the box cant communicate with the card properly and is failing to get any meaningful replies.

Maybe you could try a Mosc or an OPOS card

I'm not sure about how the CC's hit a funcard, but my box (pace 1000) sometimes does the same thing.
All I do is pull the card out then put it back in.
It then displays "updating, you cannot use your remote"
This only lasts for 20 seconds and it's ok again.
I have never got to the bottom of why it does it. It's as though it hasn't auto updated properly.
I'm using fun 5 with chaos and exteep edited with latset keys.

Curly

thanks Nozzer / Curly
the card was created as i had done for my own box and im 100% certain i did it the same way - can the CC "kill" a fun card - you know the popular AU method - the one where it tell you save N**.bn11 as N**.bin etc - using nagra edit - IRD backwards etc - thats the method i used on my own - works fine followed it step by step for his box - it didnt work then used C Senators method (non AU) i think

Do the popular funcard methods that are doing the rounds have inbuilt protection within the provided funcard files to prevent the inserted funcard being "hit" or to help the funcard resist a "hit" ?

thanks Nozzer / Curly
the card was created as i had done for my own box and im 100% certain i did it the same way - can the CC "kill" a fun card - you know the popular AU method - the one where it tell you save N**.bn11 as N**.bin etc - using nagra edit - IRD backwards etc - thats the method i used on my own - works fine followed it step by step for his box - it didnt work then used C Senators method (non AU) i think

Do the popular funcard methods that are doing the rounds have inbuilt protection within the provided funcard files to prevent the inserted funcard being "hit" or to help the funcard resist a "hit" ?

if your m8s funcard gets hit, {then so will yours m8 "same as everyone else on your provider}=========whats the point of knocking out a single funcard

cc's dont single out indvidual hacked boxs, {when they can knock out hundreds}

"invalid smartcard" could be the wrong ird number m8,

right so i think from the replies i am happy that the CC cannot single out a box or, a card by its IRD number or BK and "hit" it or knock it out - but if anyone suspects different please let me know

thanks to all the replies - i will recheck BK / IRD

hi john - is that the download called Toxic7N** ?- can i flash it to my Funcard 4 - or do i need to purchase an Atmega type ?

The method i posted is for an au funcard . I actually did one last night so i could watch the hatton fight ( my boxes use opos cards and i didn't have the box office tiers on them) and it au'ed perfectly.so i would suggest something else is wrong

Thanks All - I will reinterrogate box tonight for BK / IRD and make sure i am entering them correctly (IRD Backwards etc) and let you know the outcome - :)

if you used a .bin file for the ext eeprom or nagra image check the rights date because if the date is in the past say a cuple of days you will recieve the error your smartcard is not athorised for this channel

I've seen a similar thing with a mosc - it seems to be the signal at my cousins house as the box works perfectly here with the same card - and at his it can do everything apart from roll keys - which would suggest it isnt a card comms issue

hi folks
still having issues have rechecked and rechecked
just a thought - i have erased and reprogrammed the funcard now several times - has this any effect on the effectiveness of the funcard - i mean if you erase it will it wipe it totally clean - it should leave no lingering bytes that might affect the next reprogram of it ?

Also for the AU files - are they constantly revised - for example the AU method using the N**.bn11 file and the chaos flash hex file - should i be going anywhere in the downloads to get fresh copies of either of these ?

Or can i trust whatever has been in the standard zip file for the past few months to be working perfectly ?

maybe i have just lost my touch ..... :)

Last edited:
I have read through this thread and would just like to add my experience, which I think is relevant. About 12 today there was a key roll (I wasn't using the AU file as that hasn't worked for me for a while now) my card went down and on trying to reprogram it has become unreadable (would start programming and then start throwing up errors, will do nothing now). I have tried all three parts separately (hex, int eep and ext eep) and I just get a card error that seems to alternate between card errors and no programmer. I have 2 elvis programmers and get the same with both. Don't have a spare null modem to check so I'm assuming it is the card(get faulty card message when I put it in the box). Hope this helps.

Guys - think I have found the answer to my erratic results - - the guide by ICE2004 says enter your IRD backwards in Nagraedit - I tried to enter it forwards - I spotted something in another thread - It seems to work if you enter the IRD FORWARDS - ie if its 12 33 44 55 the enter it as 12 33 44 55 - then it works - so the guide may need updating thats all :)

Guys - think I have found the answer to my erratic results - - the guide by ICE2004 says enter your IRD backwards in Nagraedit - I tried to enter it forwards - I spotted something in another thread - It seems to work if you enter the IRD FORWARDS - ie if its 12 33 44 55 the enter it as 12 33 44 55 - then it works - so the guide may need updating thats all :)

Just to add to this:

If the IRD is 12 34 56 78

Then backwards is: 78 56 34 12 and NOT 87 65 43 21

I mention this as I for one got caught out by this simple mistake

Back