hitachi drive not working unless connected to pc

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi all,my friend bought a new hitachi drive and asked me to do the stuff needed to put into his xbox,when i got the drive i hooked it up to my pc with the connectivity kit turned pc and pressed eject nothing happened thought this is wierd but will try get into mode b anyway,pressed mode b button on my connectivity kit and loaded into windows and the hitachi drive was there tried pressing eject again and nothing,went into my computer and ejected the drive that way and it opened put a dvd in and it came up,so the drive was playing dvds and ejecting threw my pc,flashed the keys onto the drive everything went ok, turned off pc and put hitachi drive into the xbox 360 ,booted the xbox no red light so thought great but pressed eject and nothing,turned the xbox off and opened the drive and put a dvd in,put back in 360 and turned it on and nothing again,nothing loaded up and the drive would still not eject,connected the drive back to my pc to see what happened,ejected again threw the pc and found the dvd straight away aswell,i have no idea what the problem could be, can anyone help me cheers

Back